Chapter 79

Adelaide was summoned to the Malfoy Manor, the Dark Lord had found Mundungus again and she was due to extract the information from him.

She smiled at him as she entered the dungeon, "Long time no see Mundungus. How have things been going for you?"

He nervously squirmed in his chair, the fact he wasn't screaming already an improvement. "How do you think I've been doin'? Can't live my life in peace with you lot scoopin' me up in the middle of the day and interrogatin' me. What do you want this time?"

Adelaide laughed lightly, "Someone's in a grumpy mood. I just thought we'd have a little chat maybe some tea?" 

She teasingly walked behind him so he couldn't see her. She could see him growing more and more anxious. She tapped him lightly on the shoulder with her wand and he jumped so harshly Adelaide couldn't help but laugh loudly.

"Calm down Mundungus. I'm not going to hurt you, unless you fail to give me the information I'm looking for." 

She continued to walk around him until she stood face-to-face, "Where is the Headquarters of the Order?"

His face paled, "I-I don't know what you're talking about."

She pouted, "Wrong answer." and zapped him with a shocking spell

He let out a yelp that reminded her of Ollivander's. She retreated the spell, feeling her heart begin to beat quickly with guilt. 

"We can do this the easy way or the hard way Mundungus. Either way I'm getting this information out of you, you might as well be able to leave in one piece."

He twisted his head, "No, no. I don't know. I don't know."

She swiped her wand, creating a slight gash in his cheek and yelling, "Don't lie to me Mundungus."

He began stuttering, "N-no, seriously I-I don't know. No one does! It's protected by the Fidelius Charm, only Order Members can apparate in and out, but no one knows where it's actually located."

Adelaide bit the inside of her cheek, "But you know who the Secret Keeper is?"

Mundungus's eyes bulged out of his head, "Yes! Yes! Dumbledore. Dumbledore is the Secret Keeper. He's the only one that I know of that knows the location."

Adelaide laughed at him mockingly, "Well well Mundungus, that's mighty convenient that the most untouchable sorcerer is the Secret Keeper of the Headquarters. Do you know who granted Dumbledore as the Secret Keeper? Or if anyone else knows the location?"

He began to visibly shake, he knew there were people who knew where the Headquarters was located. He didn't want to give them up. Adelaide had no choice, she couldn't come back to the Dark Lord empty handed.

She shot into his mind and searched for people. She almost got a glimpse before she felt herself being forced out of his mind.

Once she shot backwards he looked terrified. She growled, "Practicing a bit of occlumency there Mundungus?"

He stuttered, "T-the Or-Order made me." 

She took an aggressive step towards him, "You dare use it against me? I was going to be merciful and do this the easy way, but if you insist on making it difficult. Wretcher!" 

Her House Elf apparated into the dungeon, "Yes Mistress Burke?" 

Adelaide thought for a moment, "Could you bring me some Emerald Potion or Veritaserum?"

The House Elf bowed, "Absolutely Mistress Burke." and disapparated. 

She looked towards Mundungus, "I'll give you one more chance Mundungus for me to do this the easy way, if not I will make you suffer."