Chapter 93

As soon as Philip apparated out of the castle, he found himself in the middle of the woods, again.

He had figured out a few weeks before the Department of Mysteries attack that the Dark Lord was his father. He admitted, the knowledge sent him in somewhat of a spiral. His hatred for his mother latched deeper into his heart. Belvina and Herbert were pathetic excuses of parents, he had to be the one to protect Perseus and Adelaide because they sure as hell weren't going to.

They were self preserving cowards that cared for no one but themselves. He had found out that his mother tried to bewitch Dark Lord into having relations with her with her necklace and that's how Philip came to be. She probably thought it would protect her from the Dark Lord, or even elevate her to being the Dark Lady, who knows. Philip didn't care, he was more disgusted that his mother had tainted his bloodline and made a fool out of herself.

The Dark Lord was too busy with his rise to power to notice she was with child, and under the realization that he would never acknowledge her as his, she clung to the first man she could get her hands on reluctantly and hid the fact that Philip was the Dark Lord's child. Herbert of course knew, the boy was practically a spitting image of Tom Riddle, thankfully no one else seemed to notice.

Philip dove into Tom Riddle's life after his "death", tried to find everything he could about him. He found out about the horcruxes, interested in the idea, Philip had made one himself. He twisted his ring out of habit, quickly stopping before he could admit to himself it was a nervous tick.

You don't get nervous he chastised himself. He continued through the woods until he found the cabin he had been staying at. Of course, the inside was the same size as the Burke Manor and was dripping in all the comforts he was used to. He paused for a moment to watch Adelaide and Draco's progress into the chamber and up until the goblet was destroyed. 

He withdrew from her mind, guilt threatening to creep up his throat that he had imperioed them. Well, more guilty about Adelaide, he couldn't care less about Draco.

Ultimately, Philip was angered by the way the Dark Lord planned his reign. It was obvious the Dark Lord had no intention on actually upholding the values the pureblood community valued, after all, he was only a half blood himself. While Philip could understand the thirst for power, he also believed power deserved a purpose. Grindelwald had a purpose, as stupid as it was, he had a plan for the power he acquired.

Philip was no different. He desired power, but he wanted it for a purpose. He wanted to fiercely protect Adelaide and Perseus. He knew as soon as the Dark Lord lost his need for them, they'd be discarded like waste or they'd be used as servants to him for the rest of their lives.

Perseus could handle it, he had the same violent capabilities of Philip, but was less in control of it. Adelaide however, he knew she was cracking. He knew she never held the same values he did in terms of pureblood society, but he wasn't too upset at her. She was a kind, gentle, innocent spirit, everything he wasn't and he wouldn't dare fault her for it. As a matter of fact, she inspired him to not completely fall into the depths of Dark Magic, he would always feel a slight twinge of guilt thinking about how she would react if she knew of the things he had done.

Philip took out his journal that tracked Tom Riddle's life in as much detail as possible and set it on the counter; he was tracking horcruxes. No one messed with his siblings and that included the Dark Lord. The Dark Lord would be swiftly killed at the hand of Philip, he swore it upon his magic.

Philip disintegrated the pages that involved Helga Hufflepuff's goblet, that was over. Potter and his useless gang were spiraling around in search for the locket of Salazar Slytherin, Ron didn't know how to use occlumency, making it incredibly easy to look through his mind and watch their abysmal progress.