Chapter 46

The Weasleys had made their way to 12 Grimmauld Place as it was set up for the Order of the Pheonix's Headquarters. The rise of Voldemort had caused them to quickly gather as many people as possible to prepare for the inevitable war. The Weasley siblings could sense their mother stressing as she constantly kept herself busy cooking and cleaning. 

Fred and George walked in one morning to their mother weeping over a copy of the Daily Prophet. Their father wrapped his arm around her trying his best to comfort her, but she was a worrier by nature and the news was not good. 

"What's wrong Mum?" Fred asked. "What's that you're reading?" George moved in closer. Their father gave them a grim look, "The Minister is denying all the claims that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named is back and is trying his best to make Dumbledore look like an idiot. It's not going to help us gather any followers with bad press like this." 

George gently took the paper from his mother, patting her on the shoulder. He dropped it quickly as he saw the picture on the front of the page. He stared at the newspaper he dropped.

"What's wrong Georgie?" Fred scrunched his face, picking up the paper. He gulped seeing the Minister and behind him was Adelaide, looking bright and confident. 

"I can't believe it." Fred whispered, slowly putting the paper down.

Arthur looked at the two puzzlingly, "What are you two talking about?"

The twins exchanged a nervous glance, they couldn't keep this from their father. Adelaide was their friend, but she had clearly chosen a side and they couldn't continue to protect her if she was going to actively participate in aiding Voldemort.

"The girl on the front page next to the Minister, her name is Adelaide Burke." Fred pointed at the moving picture on the paper.

Mrs. Weasley snapped her head up, "The girl who almost got George killed two years ago?" 

George looked guiltily down at the floor, Fred answered, "Well, she didn't mean to. It was her brother, the crazy guy who locked MadEye in a trunk for a year and tried to kill Harry." 

His father interrupted, "Yes, he's on the Ministries top watch list. Notorious Death Eater he is, but his little sister is the Minister's personal intern. Bright young girl I've heard, but it doesn't help that she's dating Lucius' son either."

"What?" the two twins stared at their father, not fully understanding what he had just said. 

Their father motioned Fred to flip the page of the newspaper and there she was, holding Draco's arm. They both read the article, Fred looked sadly towards George. He couldn't believe she would do this to him.

"Why they're so stuck up about blood purity is beyond me. Although, I suppose the Malfoys, Burkes, and Blacks are the most hardcore blood purists in the Wizarding World. I just don't know why the Daily Prophet would still be supporting this." Arthur scolded, shaking his head at the paper.

Fred scoffed, his anger beginning to soar through the roof, "Yeah well, she's a Death Eater too." 

Mrs. Weasley scolded, "Frederick, just because her brother is wrapped up in the Death Eaters, doesn't mean she is one."

Mr. Weasley sided with her, "Your mother's right. I heard she was quite the sweet girl. It's not her fault that her family are a bunch of raging lunatics."

His comment awarded him a furious glare from Mrs. Weasley. 

George mumbled, his heart practically shattered on the floor, "No, Fred is right. We saw her the night of the tournament. Her and her brother are Death Eaters. She had the Mark and everything."