Chapter 59

Arthur's attack fueled Harry's Defense Club to practice more rigorously, Adelaide could see the way the Weasleys and Harry practiced. They were more aggressive, but they weren't skilled enough yet, so their spells were sloppy. She quickly withdrew from Harry's mind as the meeting wrapped up and she realized Harry and Cho Chang were having a moment.

It was the last day before they headed back for Christmas Break. Adelaide was slightly nervous. She wasn't sure if she would have to meet up with the Dark Lord and discuss what she had been doing and what her plan was for the task. After the attack of the snake turning out to be a vision and not a dream, Adelaide knew exactly how to get Harry into the Department of Mysteries. She just had to coordinate with the Death Eaters who were going to collect the prophecy and give it to the Dark Lord.

She walked to the train hand-in-hand with Draco. He looked so handsome with his black trench coat and the white snow against his beautiful platinum blonde hair. They made their way to their compartment and slept almost the entire ride back. As they pulled up to King's Cross, they looked everywhere for Draco's parents, but couldn't find them, so Adelaide dragged them to a quiet corner and apparated for both of them to the Malfoy Manor.

As they made their way in, Lucius barely acknowledged their presence. Narcissa was bustling around, ordering elves to put up festive decorations and make a large amount of food. Lucius side glanced them, "Go put on some nicer clothes. We're hosting a dinner party."

Draco scrunched his nose, "A dinner party?"

Lucius scoffed, rolling his eyes, "It was just a gathering of Death Eaters, but people are paranoid that there is a traitor in our midst after Belvina and Herbert's arrest, so your mother turned it into a festive Christmas party, so if the Ministry decides to bust in we can hand them a glass of eggnog and wish them a happy way out." he seemed to choke on the words in distaste. He bitterly took a long sip from his glass of whiskey, walking away.

Draco muttered under his breath something about appreciating the warm welcome. Wretcher wobbled up to Adelaide and Draco. She smiled at the familiar elf, "Hello Wretcher. Can you please take Draco and I's trunks upstairs?"

Wretcher smiled up to Adelaide, "Of course Mistress Burke. It is so nice to have you back home." he snapped his fingers and disapparated with their bags.

They both made their way upstairs, getting ready for the "Christmas Party". Adelaide began laughing as she was putting on her red lipstick. Draco looked over to her confused as he struggled to fix his tie, "What's so funny?"

Adelaide was now hysterically laughing, her stomach hurting. Draco smiled seeing her laugh so brightly, "What are you laughing at?" he chuckled.

"Your dad's hosting a Death Eater Christmas Party." she wheezed out, laughing even harder. Draco started laughing as well until they were both clutching their stomachs. Lucius bursted into the room angrily, "What is with all this noise? People will be over any minute."

Draco and Adelaide immediately stopped laughing, but after a few moments of tense silence, Adelaide let out a tiny chuckle which completely set them off again. Lucius snarled, exiting dramatically by slamming the door shut. Finally, they were able to get ahold of themselves enough to finish getting ready.

Adelaide went over to help Draco with his tie and she muttered a spell that made his expensive black tie begin to slowly snow and sparkle. Draco looked up at her with a raised eyebrow, "Seriously?"

She smiled sweetly to him, "It's cute! And festive." she playfully poked his nose. He new that the Death Eaters and his father wouldn't find the tie amusing, but she did, so that's all that mattered.