Chapter 18

Adelaide made her way into the Slytherin Common Room.

She ran into Draco who had two cups of tea in his hand. He looked slightly nervous, and Adelaide had to hold in her intense anger. He was really about to give her Love Potion. She never thought he would've gone this far.

"I thought I'd make you some tea, it's rather cold today." He smiled, handing her the cup.

She flashed him back a sickly sweet smile, what she was about to do was probably the worst thing she had every done in her life, but she was too angry to control herself, "That's so sweet of you Draco!" she took a dramatic sniff of the tea, her heart pounded with warmth as she smelled the smoke that lingered after fireworks, wool, and the vanilla cake she would bake often for special occassions, "What kind of tea is this Draco? It smells like cake and.. your..cologne?" she faked a laugh. Draco's eyes grew wide, mostly for shock that the amortentia smelled like him, the other because he had to answer her question without making her suspicious, "Oh! Umm, well my mum had some tea imported, it's uh vanilla tea. As for my cologne uh I'm not quite sure what you mean, I definitely didn't put that in your tea." he nervously laughed, which was very uncharacteristic of him, "It could just be because I'm wearing it now" he blushed furiously and his mind swirled with pure joy, she liked me. His joy was quickly dissipated as a wave of guilt overcame him when she took a sip. 

Adelaide's whole body filled with dread as she fake swallowed the tea. She looked up at him and threw herself into Draco's arms, "Thank you so much Draco, the tea is absolutely incredible." She took a moment to pet his chest and bite her lip, "You are absolutely incredible." she giggled obnoxiously, getting a few looks from people chatting in the Common Room. If she had to make a fool of herself, she was bringing him down with her. He quickly tried to take a step away from her to avoid the weird looks he was getting.

"Ready to go to breakfast, my love?" Adelaide asked wrapping her arm in his and poking him on the nose. Draco gulped nervously, "Uh, yeah. Let's go." 

Adelaide skipped down the hallway and as the two approached the entrance of the Great Hall they bumped into the Weasley twins. She giggled, looking up at George and then Fred, "Draky-poo, let's go sit down." Draco's eyes narrowed on the two, and suddenly gave an evil smirk, "Addie, my darling, I'll join you in a second I have to talk to the Weasleys." 

George's brow furrowed seeing Adelaide practically on top of Draco, maybe he slipped her Love Potion for real. She pouted, tears gathering in her eyes, "You want me to leave you?" she buried her head into his shoulder and began to loudly sob, causing a scene. "Why would you ever want me to leave your side Draco?" she continued to fake cry into his shoulder. Draco desperately looked around for Blaise or Viola to help him out, and Adelaide quickly shot George a playful wink, then proceeded to embarrass Draco to the fullest extent. She removed her head from his shoulder, sniffling and wiping away her tears, "I suppose, if it's what you want Draco." She dramatically lingered onto his hand mouthing, I miss you already, before letting go and heading to the Slytherin table. 

Draco folded his arms across his chest, "As you can see Weasel-bees. Addie and I are pretty serious, if I were you two I wouldn't be trying anything on her again." the two twins looked at each other and bursted out laughing, patting Draco on the shoulder and saying in unison, "Good luck with that one, mate." before walking off. He was furious at himself for ever giving her love potion. She was acting insane and after he found out that she already liked him, he felt awful giving her love potion in the first place. He began to spiral in despair as Perseus dragged him to the side, "How much did you give her you idiot, the whole bottle?" he hissed, "Everyone with eyes can see there's something off. It wouldn't take a genius to put the pieces together."