Chapter 41

Adelaide and Perseus gave each other one last glance before disappearing into a plume of black smoke.

Adelaide landed quickly with Perseus on her right and what looked like Lucius Malfoy to her left. A few more wisps of black smoke surrounded the perimeter, revealing more Death Eaters in skull masks. Her breath hitched as she saw Cedric Diggory's dead body lying on the ground, but she dared not show any reaction because in front of her stood the Dark Lord, in his full human form.

"Ah, the Burke siblings. You two have been the only ones to not disappoint me tonight. You were the only ones that helped me to get to this point. None of the others tried to find me after these 13 years." he then went aggressively calling the names of all the Death Eaters. They all fell to their knees as the Dark Lord ripped their masks off, revealing their faces.

He then stood before Perseus and Adelaide and he gently whisked away their masks, leaving them standing. Adelaide kept on a straight, serious face and bowed to him. Perseus did the same and whispered, "It was our pleasure, My Lord. Our brother sends his regards, he is working on the Hogwarts front at the time being. He wished he could be here."

The Dark Lord seemed very pleased with the two, but his attention was quickly changed as Harry who was being held in the arms of a terrifying statue of what looked like a grim reaper yelled, "Adelaide? This is why you were helping me the entire time?" his voice was soaked in betrayal and anger as he squirmed against the firm hold of the statue.

Voldemort rushed over cackling, "Yes Harry, what did you expect from the most powerful witch in your year, perhaps in all of Hogwarts? And now, there's no where to hide. I can finally touch you."

Harry let out a scream that sent a chill down her spine, but she stood completely still, terrified that if she moved she would lose it completely.

The Dark Lord released Harry and they began dueling. It went by in kind of a blur, Adelaide didn't really register what had happened until Harry reached for Cedric's body and used the Accio spell she had taught him to call over the Portkey and like that he was gone.

The Dark Lord rushed over to her and Perseus, his anger was beyond scary as he boomed, "Go back to Hogwarts immediately and contain this. No one can know I'm back yet." he looked over to Adelaide through his snake-like eyes, then motioned at her necklace, "Make sure he doesn't remember you being here tonight, I still have use for you at Hogwarts. I heard you can penetrate the Ministry's Department of Mysteries, I'll need you to work that front over the summer along with whispering doubts into the Minister's mind. Understand? Do not fail me." he didn't realize it, but his anger was transferring in the form of magic that was slowly choking her. As she collapsed, grasping her neck, he released the spell, allowing her to breath. She inhaled sharply and coughed violently. Perseus quickly helped her up, making sure she was ok. She scrambled to her feet and they quickly returned to Hogwarts.

Landing back by the forest so no one could see them, they ran up to the stadium and just in time. Harry had yet to tell anyone who was at the graveyard. Perseus hissed into her ear, "Get him away from everyone" she nodded and ran up to Harry who was desperately clinging to the body of Cedric Diggory. Grasping her necklace she whispered, "Harry please, let go, come with me." he continued crying as he got off the body and she dragged him towards the castle. "Y-you are a Death Eater. You're with him."

She stopped in her tracks, tapping her necklace and confidently stated, "Harry, you did not see me in the graveyard tonight. You didn't see Perseus either. We aren't Death Eaters." Harry's eyes went blank as he repeated, "I'm sorry..of course you weren't there. You're the last person I'd ever think to be a Death Eater. I'm just a bit upset.."

Philip hobbled up, the ex-auror's eye spinning wildly around. She gave Philip a terrified look.

The Dark Lord said no one can know he's returned, but Harry just screamed it out in front of a bunch of people. What do I do?