Chapter 76

Adelaide woke up the next morning to find Draco was already ready to go. He laughed, "Are you seriously still tired?" 

She yawned, knowing that because of her mini mission she probably got three hours of sleep at the most. She hopped off the bed, following him out the door and towards Hogsmeade Station. 

She caught her eye on Harry and Ron who were talking together, seemingly unbothered, not suspicious. That was good.

They both boarded the train, taking a seat in their usual compartment. Thankfully Pansy didn't show her face, she was effectively shunned from most of Draco's friends after her embarrassing stunt. Viola sat across from Draco along with Crabbe and Goyle who sat across from each other. Adelaide sat quietly between Draco and Goyle as they talked about what their plans were for the break. 

Draco was silent, staring out the window mostly. Adelaide noticed Viola staring at Draco with a worried expression. Viola had noticed Draco had looked incredibly stressed and hardly spoke to anyone anymore. She knew it must've been hard on him what was going on with Adelaide, which she still refused to believe was true. 

The train ride went by fairly quickly and Draco scooped up Adelaide, briskly making his way off the platform and towards a quiet corner for them to disapparate. Adelaide was pleased to see Harry gathered with the Weasley family, she hoped neither of them would question the letter. Ron wouldn't bring it up to her knowing it was a request from the Order.

They twisted in front of the Malfoy Manor and was greeted warmly by Narcissa. They had their trunks taken up by the House Elves and had an early dinner which was interrupted when Adelaide felt herself being summoned. 

Her face grew pale and she quit eating. Narcissa paused, seeing Adelaide's face as she felt her Mark begin to squirm. "I'm sorry, I uh, I have to go. Excuse me." Draco instinctively grabbed her hand, but she gave him a brave smile, releasing her grip and continuing out the door. 

She found herself being summoned to the Riddle House where she was first Marked. It was a dreadfully dark place that seemed to be seeping in evil and death. She entered hesitantly and made her way to the room where the Dark Lord was standing.

"My Lord, you summoned me?" she bowed, nervously eyeing the anxious rodent-like man who cowered in the corner. She recognized him from the night in the graveyard when the Dark Lord rose. 

"Yes, I wanted to ask you about your knowledge on the Weasley's whereabouts." he calmly stated, his mood seeming to be fairly neutral. 

She quickly reached into her pocket, exposing the vial with a strand of his hair in it, "I will perform a quick tracking spell and will be able to find him in a matter of seconds. It will lead us straight to the Weasleys, My Lord."

The Dark Lord smiled sickeningly, "Perfect. Let's attack on Christmas, a perfect way to put everyone in the festive mood, wouldn't you say?" he laughed cruelly.

She returned a nervous laugh which was thankfully covered by the nervous rat-man's howling laughter which was quickly silenced by the Dark Lord's angry glare.

"Christmas Day it is then, will I be going alone for this?" Adelaide hesitated, it would be better if there were others to confirm that she had to retreat because of Harry.

The Dark Lord laughed, "I admire your ambition Adelaide, but surely you don't think you could kill an entire family on your own. You will be going with Bellatrix and Fenrir, meet in front of the Malfoy Manor that evening."

Her heart dropped. They were ruthless, they weren't afraid to step over a few rules to draw blood. This made her plan significantly more complicated.