Chapter 71

A/N: I placed asterisks ****** before and after a certain scene that has a bit of gore/torture. It's not too crazy or descriptive, but just in case it makes anyone squeamish I wanted to give a proper warning :)
—————————————————————————-

Adelaide pulled up her hood and looked down, covering her face. The Alley was mostly empty, yet the Weasley's shop still remained open.She didn't know how they were staying open or why. Death Eaters could come at any time and tear the shop down if they wanted to. She wondered how Fred and George were. The pain of their betrayal still stung, they probably thought she had completely flipped to the dark side. She shook it off as she turned down the dark alley.

She walked down the narrow pathways, avoiding eye contact with the dark witches and wizards who walked past her. Most of them could tell by her posture and the quality of her cloak that she was a member of the sacred twenty eight and avoided her eye. There were two sorts of people who went down Knockturn Alley, poor dark wizards or rich pureblood Death Eaters. There were hardly any people in between, if there was, they stuck out like a sore thumb.

She made her way towards Borgin and Burkes, entering the shop. It was extremely quiet, "Perseus?" Adelaide called out, removing the hood from her cloak and beginning to take off her gloves.

No answer, but there was a distant ruffling noise.

She began to make her way to the back of the shop, since he clearly wasn't in the front. He was probably working on the Vanishing Cabinet.

She went to disarm the protection charms, but found they weren't up.

Strange

She pulled out her wand, taking a deep breath. She slowly opened the door and found the shop turned upside down. The only thing seemingly undisturbed was the Vanishing Cabinet. She froze as she saw a bloodied Perseus tied in a chair and a man who had his wand pointed towards his throat.

Adelaide harshly disarmed the man, throwing him across the room, into a chair. She bound the man with an incarcerous spell. Perseus' head collapsed backward as he passed out.

The man seemed incredibly disturbed that someone had found him. His eyes were wide as Adelaide walked up to him, her vision and mind being filled with pure red rage.

"Who are you?" she growled.

The man laughed, "Like I'm tellin' you. What's a pretty little witch like you doin' 'ere? You must've taken the wrong turn off Diagon Alley." his laughs echoed throughout the back of the shop until Adelaide cursed, "Crucio"

The man screamed, horror beginning to flood his face. She released the spell quickly, not enough to seriously hurt him but enough to show him she wasn't messing around.

"Let's start again, who are you?" she demanded, her voice incredibly steady for how intense the situation was.

The man panted heavily trying to rip his arms from the binding, beginning to realize that she wasn't just a random witch who happened to stumble into the shop, "I-I'm I-I'm s-sorry. I-I-I p-please d-d-d-on't hurt me."

"You still didn't answer my question, Crucio."

He screamed again and Adelaide released the spell. She quickly slammed the door shut, casting a silencing charm and a few other protection spells.

"Wretcher!" she called and the Elf apparated next to her, "Yes Mistress Burke?" Adelaide smoothly said out loud enough for the man to hear, "Do you mind grabbing my enchanted dagger from my closet?" The elf bowed slightly, "Of course Mistress Burke" before popping into disapparation.