Chapter 40

The next few months of school flew past at an alarming rate. As the maze was being built on the quidditch pitch, Perseus and Philip would go out and begin putting spells on certain plants and charming passage ways. 

Sebestyen was pratically glued to Adelaide's hip. It was unfortunately obvious to everyone that his attachment was deeper than hers, but no one said anything. Draco was too blinded by jealousy to notice, however. 

Adelaide would still catch herself gazing over at George during meals, in the hallway, and in the library. She would go out of her way to make his day better by secretly putting enchanted parchment with answers to his test in it, leaving a bunch of his favorite candies in his Potions cauldron, causing some sort of commotion to distract professors to get him out of detention, and even bewitching Filch on occasion to give George some of his prank gifts back. Fred knew it was her because Filch would never give them back anything on his own volition and the handwriting on the cheat sheet matched her notes she sent him last year, which George had kept, but never looked at anymore. George just thought he was on a streak of good luck.

She felt a lot better now that Philip told her she didn't have to worry about the task. She was definitely dreading the last day where she had to go to the graveyard, but she was hopeful that after he rose, the Dark Lord would let her free as repayment of her help. 

The day before the task, she had walked in to her brother's office and asked him what to expect. He leaned back into his chair and told her that the Dark Lord would call them through the Dark Mark, she was to discreetly excuse herself and use unsupported flight to the graveyard, she couldn't apparate because she was still on Hogwarts grounds. She twisted her rings nervously thinking about it, but she put on a brave face and thanked Philip before leaving.

"Oh and Addie, don't forget to wear something black."

She nodded and continued out the door. She walked down the hall and couldn't help but laugh, the darkest wizard of all time was planning on rising which would certainly cause a ginormous war and he was worried about what color clothes she wore to see the Dark Lord.

---

She looked at her outfit in the mirror. As stupid as it sounded, she felt nervous as to whether she was dressed properly, she figured it was just a way to distract her from what she was actually worried about.

 As stupid as it sounded, she felt nervous as to whether she was dressed properly, she figured it was just a way to distract her from what she was actually worried about

It was the day of the last tournament challenge. The Dark Lord would rise tonight. She chugged a vial of calming tonic from Madam Pomfrey and shoved the last two in her pocket, she knew she'd be needing it later. 

"You look rather..dark today. It's kind of hot." Viola smirked at her friend, shaking her out of her cloud of angst. "Ready to head to the stadium? I can't believe they're making us all attend. We won't even be able to see anything!" she complained as they made their way out of the Common Room. 

She found Perseus and stuck to him closely. He carried both of their skull masks in his bag, Adelaide thought it was rather dramatic, but Harry Potter would be there in the graveyard and she couldn't risk being identified.