Chapter 52

Adelaide woke up early the day they were heading back to Hogwarts. Her heart slowly sank as she remembered this would be the first time she was going to Hogwarts without her brothers. She glumly got ready, wearing and outfit that matched her mood: a black silk blouse and black skirt with her black shoes. She walked out of her room the same time Draco was making his way downstairs, they both stared at each other for a few moments realizing they were both in head-to-toe black.

"Did you purposefully try to match me Addie?" he teased. She caught up to him pushing him lightly, "I should ask you the same thing."

She and Draco were about to head out the door to King's Cross Station. As they were about to apparate Lucius grabbed her shoulder and hissed, "Remember Adelaide, your task. You have some time, but you need to find a way to get Potter into the Department of Mysteries so he can hand over his prophecy. Owl me updates, you know what spell to use to cover the messages."

She nervously nodded at him and they all apparated to Kings Cross. Lucius still had the same disgusted look he had every year as they were surrounded by a bunch of parents and students. He was happy to send the elves out to buy their books, supplies, and robes for this year, so they didn't have to mingle with the general public, but there was no escaping the platform 9 3/4 rush.

As they walked closer to the train, he disapparated without saying goodbye. Adelaide and Draco both glanced at each other amusingly, it was typical of him to disappear before anyone could see him. He hated interacting with people outside his circle.

Adelaide was slightly surprised when Draco grabbed her hand, but didn't object as they made their way to the back of the train. Now that they were upper year Slytherins, they held a lot more mysticism and power over the younger students who stared up at them either in adoration or fear. Draco also inherited his father's disdainful look as he passed by people. Adelaide found it mildly amusing how terrified people were of Draco, little did they know how gentle and kind he could be.

As him and Adelaide finally reached their seats, Viola ran up to her and gave her a warm hug, "Addie! I've missed you so much!" she looked down at Addie's hand that was just released from Draco's before the hug and she whispered in Adelaide's ear with an overwhelming excitement, "You have a lot to tell me when we get back."

Draco rested his arm on the back of Adelaide's chair as she sat down and began talking to Flint about quidditch. They were excited this year since they've been deprived of a season due to the Triwizard Tournament. Viola leaned across the table as the two boys talked animately about their plans to crush Gryffindor and whispered, "Look at us! I'm dating the Captain of the Slytherin Quidditch team and you the Seeker." she leaned back with a cocky smirk, "Not surprised though, we are the hottest thing that happened to Hogwarts." Adelaide laughed loudly at this, causing Draco and Marcus to stop talking and look at the girls suspiciously.

She missed Viola terribly over the summer, she managed to owl her several times and while she explained that the newspaper article of them dating was just his father's way of protecting her spot in the Ministry, she did tell her about how close they had gotten over the summer. Viola sent back a howler yelling how she "called it years ago" and "took complete credit for them finally acknowledging their feelings for each other". Thankfully, Adelaide was home alone when she received the loud message.

"Care to share what's so funny love?" Flint grabbed Viola's waist causing her to squirm and laugh even harder.

"I was just telling Addie here how cute our boyfriends were." she squeezed his arm and rested her chin on his shoulder.

Adelaide could feel her face heating up and she didn't look at Draco, afraid of what his reaction was. They did have that moment over the summer where he kissed her and she kissed him back, but that was the only time they kissed. Obviously there was the cuddling, but that was less of romantic purposes and more of comforting because of her nightmares. They did flirt more often and hold hands at times when they sat in the living room reading, but other than that they never really talked about their feelings or where they were in their relationship. Especially because of the Daily Prophet news article about them sort of made it an awkward topic to discuss.