Chapter 96

Adelaide woke up from her sleep feeling a lot better. She had finally wrapped her mind around the fact the dream loop was only a dream. A pitiful wish she clung onto all these years. She always wanted Philip to be alive and as she was trapped in her mind, she realized just how badly she missed him.

She slowly got up, her eyes swimming in spots. She slipped into her robe and slippers and made her way downstairs. She was starving.

One of the Elves had already prepared a cup of tea and gave it to her she smiled weakly and said, "Thank you." she paused, realizing she had never thanked an Elf in her life. She felt a weird pull at her heart, it was guilt.

The Elf recognized the look in her eyes and smiled shyly, retreating into the kitchen to prepare her breakfast. Adelaide slowly made her way into the Malfoy library. She was in the mood to read something light hearted and curl up in the leather couch.

She paused as she found Perseus there too, reading the Tales of Merlin and King Arthur. He always adored those stories as a boy, she smiled softly as she cleared her throat to make her presence known to him.

He looked up from the book, "Addie, you're awake! How are you feeling?" he took a gentle sip at his tea, waiting for her response. Trying to gauge her mental status. Last time he talked to her she was in the middle of a breakdown.

She smiled, "I'm better now. I just had to come to terms that it was just a dream." she stared sadly towards the ground, she knew it was just dream, but it still hurt nonetheless.

Perseus clenched his jaw, "You don't have to worry about Amycus anymore. He's been taken care of."

Adelaide snapped out of her trance, "What do you mean?"

Perseus paused, wondering whether he should divulge the full torment he put Amycus through. Adelaide wasn't a revenge sorts, she probably would feel guilty for the bastard. She was too nice.

"I just roughed him up a bit, he knows not to mess with you anymore, ok?" he carefully stated.

She knew he was hiding the extent of the damage he inflicted on Amycus. Perseus didn't just rough someone up a bit. She swallowed gently, changing the subject, "Do I have to go back?"

He looked up nervously towards her, "I'm sorry Addie, but yes it's the law. As long as you're there you won't have any tasks and with Amycus under control it won't be as bad. I promise."

She pulled at her sleeves nervously, but nodded her head, "Breakfast should be ready soon."

She slowly slipped out of the library and as she turned around she ran straight into Draco. She felt awkward around him, they hadn't talked much since they apparated out of Hogwarts. He was so worried about her, but she was embarrassed that she basically freaked out in front of him thinking Philip was still alive. He gave her some space, but he missed her terribly.

She rested her head into his chest, soaking up the warmth. He sighed in relief, wrapping his arms around her. They stood there in silence, until Draco whispered, "Are you ok?"

She nodded her head and Draco stroked her hair gently. She shuddered, "We have to go back."

He felt a painful twist in his gut, he didn't want to deal with Amycus. Seeing the state of Perseus when he came back from Hogwarts was frightening, he didn't know if Amycus would lash out on them for it or if he would back off. He wanted to kill Amycus for hurting Adelaide like that.

They spent the rest of the day dreading their return. As Adelaide stood nervously by the door, Draco gave her hand a squeeze. They both apparated into their Common Room, feeling uneasy in the castle as if one of the Carrows was going to burst in at any moment and kill them.

It was around dinner time, they had to go to the Great Hall and assess the damage. They both tried to be sneaky as they made their way to the dining hall to not draw attention. The hall silenced as they walked in. Everyone had a look of pure fear in their eye, specifically at Adelaide.

Draco pulled her hand forward, dragging her to the Slytherin table. Every table they passed a few students would avert their eyes and flinch as if they didn't want to startle Adelaide. She felt incredibly awkward and embarrassed. Why were they acting like this? She looked up to the Professor's table and they too shared the same expression of fear, she knew it was bad when Snape swallowed nervously and returned to his meal.

She didn't see either of the Carrows which set her further on edge. She wanted them in her line of sight, she felt one of them would creep up on her at any moment and hex her. How bad had Perseus beat Amycus? Just as they were about to sit down, Alecto walked into the Great Hall. She paused as she saw Adelaide, her eyes widening in fear. She looked nervously around before turning around and walking out of the Great Hall.

Adelaide's heart twisted, the Carrows were never afraid of anything. She shot into her mind and watched what Perseus had done. She felt like she was going to be sick, was he dead? He certainly looked like it.

She continued through her memories and found that he was at Saint Mungos, still unconscious, barely alive. The mediwitch said he would be fine, but it would be a long recovery.

Adelaide withdrew from her mind and quickly ran out of the Great Hall, apparating into their room. Draco quickly chased after her and in her shock, she quickly transferred the memory to Draco's mind.

Draco watched as Perseus mercilessly beat Amycus in front of everyone. It made him quite nervous seeing Perseus so violent, but he felt almost appeased. Amycus had it coming, he wouldn't have been as violent as Perseus, but he definitely would've hexed him until Amycus got the message.

It bothered her more so that Perseus was capable of doing that. She knew her brother was violent when provoked, but she never actually saw him do anything that harsh.

There was one thing she knew for sure, she definitely wouldn't have to worry about the Carrows anymore.