Chapter 5

Adelaide glided through the crowd heading to potions. 

She found herself trailing behind the two tall Weasley twins. She couldn't help but crack a smile at the sight of them. They always had a twinkle of mischief in their eyes and they radiated pure joy, their laughs making anyone near them laugh as well. 

Enraptured in their bright personalities, she noticed one of them dropped a scroll, it almost looked deliberate, but she still took this golden opportunity. She picked up the scroll and ran up to the Ginger, tapping his shoulder, "Weasley! You dropped this!" 

George turned around to see the most gorgeous witch he's ever seen in his life, however his trance was quickly broken when he looked in horror at the scroll in her hand. The twins' eyes grew large and they both screamed, "DROP IT!!!!" Adelaide quickly dropped the scroll and gasped as the sparks started shooting out both ends, covering the hallway floor in a vibrant explosion, crackling and causing a huge commotion. The chaos that ensued was priceless, but once students recovered from the initial shock of the noise and flashes, they gawked at the beautiful display around their feet. 

"Blimey Burke, you almost took our heads off." Fred joked. The girl's eyes were still gazing down at the beautiful colors that swirled around her ankles that would occasionally jump up and wrap her arm in sparkling light. Disregarding the fact she almost ruined the display, she looked up at the two tall boys, "I've never seen fireworks like these before..did you-?"

"Make these ourselves?" The twins cut her off simultaneously. They both beamed with pride.

The twin on the left who was slightly shorter with a slightly rounder face cut in, "sure did" with a gleeful grin, leaving Adelaide completely impressed. 

The twin on the right, whom she was fairly certain was the one she made eye contact with in the Great Hall, gave her a devilish grin and leaned closer, "so..what did you think, Burke?" Adelaide's eyes sparkled like the floor as she looked into the boy's light brown eyes, making her heart flutter at his handsome boy-ish face,

"That was bloody brilliant."

"Stop right there Weasley's!! I know it was you two!" a voice could be heard booming down the hallway. Everyone turned their head to see Argus Filch running down the hallway, Mrs. Norris in hand, shaking his fist. It was quite the sight to see.

Fred gave a crooked smile, "See you around Burke!" and George, feeling a bit bold after their stunt, gave Adelaide a wink "Glad you enjoyed the show." and like that they were running in the opposite direction to escape their unavoidable detention.

Adelaide was left in the hallway completely star struck. She had never had so much chaotic fun in her entire life. She felt as though she were riding a wave of joy as she skipped to her Potions class, not even worried that she would be late at this point.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Adelaide's surprise she showed up just in time, taking a seat next to Draco and Viola who had reserved a spot for her. She still wore a flushed smile on her face from the firework incident just a few moments ago. 

"Viola you smell like...fire?" Draco took a few more sniffs, "wait no...fireworks. Were you caught in the middle of that stupid firework stunt the Weasley twins pulled?" His eyes glaring in annoyance of the two's shennanigans. "Wait 'til I see those filthy little blood traitors, I'll-..." 

"Draco!" Adelaide cried before Draco could finish his threat. 

The table stopped and looked at Adelaide inquisitively. She realized that she just openly defended blood traitors and if the news got back to her brothers, the poor Weasley twins would be on the receiving end of some very nasty hexing and she would be in for a good yelling. 

"I'm fine really, it wasn't a big deal. No one got hurt. No harm no foul, right?" she winced hoping her friends wouldn't sense her desperation to defend the Weasley twins. The tension was broken by Blaise Zabini as he strutted in (five minutes late might I add) "My sweet Addie, you really are too nice to people." resting his hand on my shoulder before sitting down.

The rest of the group nodded in agreement and Adelaide sighed in relief thankful that they didn't speak about it any further.

Professor Snape finished his lecture and ordered everyone to begin brewing their anti-venom potion. The boys practically pushed each other down trying to be Adelaide's potions partner, but to their dismay, she of course chose Viola. Adelaide was extremely talented in potions and pairing with her would practically guarantee you a perfect score in the class. The two girls giggled as the boys frantically tried to pair with competent partners and grumbled at how their parents were going to kill them if they didn't get a good score in the class.

As the girls settled in a began prepping their ingredients, Viola whispered, "You can't do that you know" Adelaide's stomach twisted knowing she was referring to her outburst from earlier to defend the Weasleys. "It's just,-" Adelaide said before being cut off, "especially with your brothers, Addie. I'm serious." She looked down in defeat as she chopped the ingredients, submitting to her friend's advice

She knew she wouldn't be able to talk to the Weasley twins again. At least not in a crowded area.