Chapter 67

Adelaide landed in front of the Malfoy Manor next to Fenrir and Bellatrix. Not long after landing, Draco and Narcissa apparated next to them. They all walked into the Manor that was still crawling with Death Eaters.

Narcissa looked incredibly nervous and uncomfortable as she gripped Draco's hand tightly.

Bellatrix stood on a table and yelled, "Alright you lot, enough chatter. You all have your assignments. Now scram."

The Death Eaters glared, annoyed at Bellatrix, before exiting in a plume of smoke. The Manor was deadly silent after they left. It was only Narcissa, Bellatrix, Draco, and Adelaide now.

Adelaide looked up to Bellatrix, "Won't the Ministry find me if I go home? I was in a completely different country and Aurors still managed to find me."

Bellatrix sung, "You didn't cover the trace on your wand did you?" she stuck her tongue out through her blackened teeth and held out her hand for Adelaide to hand her, her wand.

"You see Poppet, when wands release a spell, some of the magic ripples out into the atmosphere yadda yadda and the Ministry has a map that can sometimes trace these little tiny ripples and find exactly where you are so."

She waved her wand and a sharp snap sounded over Adelaide's wand, a bright light seared the outside before returning to its normal state.

"That's better! The excess magic will now be recycled into the wand and not into the nasty Ministry's map."

Narcissa rested her hand gently on Adelaide's shoulder, "You'll stay with us. The Ministry has cleared our name and won't suspect that we're hiding you." she smiled comfortingly, but Adelaide could tell she was uneasy about letting Adelaide stay.

Draco walked into the kitchen as his mother talked to her. A look of anger still clinging to his eyes. Narcissa traced Adelaide's gaze as she sadly watched Draco leave the room.

Narcissa whispered, "He'll be ok."

Adelaide felt a strong sensation to throw up. He wasn't going to be ok. She couldn't handle Draco being upset with her, but she also couldn't blame him. He had to go through the past weeks alone. She left Perseus alone for weeks to grieve the loss of their brother alone. The two most important people in her life were abandoned by her when they needed her the most, and she hated herself for it.

She slowly walked into the kitchen, finding him drinking firewhiskey. His black suit was fit perfectly to his lean, muscular build. His skin was paler than usual and his eyes were cold and angry.he was startlingly handsome, but lethal looking. Like a piece of art that shouldn't be disturbed.

He saw her lingering by the door way and he huffed, "What do you want Adelaide?"

She flinched as he used her full name. His tone was sharp. Adelaide almost turned around, but she clung to the fact he still held onto her hand after the apparition on Diagon Alley.

"Please, please let me explain Draco."

Draco's face turned murderous as he threw the glass across the room, it shattering all over the floor, "WHAT IS THERE TO POSSIBLY EXPLAIN?" he snarled at her.

Her voice caught in her throat and she began to feel her hands start shaking.

Draco noticed that he had scared her and his anger was quickly swept away by guilt and sadness, but then the anger resurfaced.

"Huh? " he growled impatiently as she stood there in silence, "Please, if there's any excuse you have, say it now. I've been waiting for weeks to hear it."