Chapter 66

Adelaide landed into the Malfoy Manor and immediately collapsed as the pain in her leg seared viciously. She'd been splinched in her apparation somehow. The Auror must've sent a spell to try to stop her. She looked down and saw there was a pretty nasty gash and it was bleeding all over poor Narcissa's marble floors.

She ripped her attention up to the rest of the Death Eaters in the room who stared at her on the floor, a few chuckling.

Fenrir Greyback teased maliciously, "Look everyone! Burke got splinched." causing the rest of the Death Eaters to laugh at her.

She didn't even realize Draco was there until Dolohov slapped him on the back, "Well are you gonna say 'ello to your little girlfriend over there? Almost died gettin 'ere by the looks of it."

He looked angry, scared, and sad. His eyes snapped out of their trance as he met eyes with Adelaide. He began to make his way over to her, her leg was covered in blood and a deep gash stretched from the outside of her knee, down her shin, and close to her ankle bone. It looked like her leg was mauled by a lion

Adelaide whimpered, "I'm fine. The Auror tried to stop my apparation, it could've been worse." she muttered a few Healing Spells which closed the wound entirely and stopped the bleeding. She gasped as it closed and the pain disappeared.

Amycus Carrow mocked, "I thought Burke's were supposed to be trained to apparate by the age of three? Looks like Addie-Loo skipped out on that lesson." the room erupted in more cruel laughter and Adelaide grew increasingly angry. She despised that nickname.

She snapped back a non-verbal tripping jinx that sent him flying to the floor, "I'd like to see you apparate in one piece after an Auror hexes you in the process, Amycus. And I've also been trained to kill since I was three so I'd recommend you shut your mouth."

This awarded her a bunch of ooohs and cackles from the Death Eaters, but she whispered to Draco, "What are you doing here?" her voice soaked in desperation. Why was he standing here in the middle of all these Death Eaters? And why were they all in his house?

He glanced over to her, all she could see in his eyes were fear. So much fear.

"Alright well now she's here, why don't we make our way over to Borgin and Burkes like planned, yeah?" Bellatrix obnoxiously interrupted. "We don't need a crowd, just Addie-Loo, Draco, Fenrir, and Cissy."

Adelaide looked questionably towards Bellatrix, "Borgin and Burkes?" she hadn't been to her parent's shop since the summer of her third year at Hogwarts. It was one of the most terrifying places Addie ever spent time in. Her father would let her work in the shop, but she was explicitly instructed not to touch anything without asking first.

She slowly learned about everything in the shop and she knew well enough that half of the objects would kill her in two seconds if she merely looked at them the wrong way.

Bellatrix cackled, "Yes, Mummy and Daddy's shop is open for business now, thanks to Perseus. Didn't you hear? The Dark Lord has a very special plan for you and Draco." Bellatrix pet his arm affectionately.

She felt a lump form in her throat, "For me and Draco?"

Bellatrix stared at Addie with a glint of anger, "My goodness Adelaide are you deaf or something? Yes for you and Draco. He was chosen for a very special task." she began giggling, but Draco showed no emotion. His face was cold and blank, but his eyes told a different story.

"Let's go Addie-Loo! Grab a cloak with a hood on it, unlike Draco, you can't be seen in public." Bellatrix cackled.

Adelaide quickly walked to the coat room to grab a cloak. She took a moment now that she was alone in the room to exhale. Her hands were shaking violently as she saw her worst nightmare come true. She also thought the Dark Lord would be here to kill her, but apparently not.