58. A Father's Tale

Ichthys sat on Lucette's bed, looking apologetic. According to him, he was going to explain what exactly happened. Lucette, now fresh and warm from the shower, sat on the sofa waiting for him to start talking.

"Well, how to explain.... Hmm.... I suppose, in human terms, you could say I have an 'illness' of some sort."

"An illness?" She questioned him.

"It's not really that life threatening... But I do become a passenger over my own body. I have no control of it..."

"Is this why you didn't come to school?"

"Believe so, yes. I was in the process of going there, then the next thing I remember was that I was hugging you in a dazed sorta haze..."

"Wait, so you have no memory of what you did?"

"... No... Although I don't think it was that bad? At least it doesn't feel that way to me..." He tried to reassure her.

"You've not done this before... At least around me...."

"Yeah... In truth, I forgot I even had it, since it's been so long but.... I don't know what reactivated it...." He shrugged.

"I kind of hope it doesn't happen again. You were so cold, it was like you were dead.." Lucette admitted. "But, wait... I asked you where you were, and you answered me with something about you having something to do..."

"I did? I honestly don't remember that... I'm sorry that I couldn't give you as much information as I would like to..... However, I do wonder what I did. I also have a sore head, and it isn't because of the floor recently...."

"It's ok, I am glad you tried. Hopefully it doesn't happen again...."

"I will say... Smelling you... Made me come back to my senses, so to speak. Erm... Thank you?"

"Huh? Oh. No problem?"

Ichthys smiled a sad smile at her, as she got up and headed to where she kept the pendant. Opening the box up, she saw that the pendant wasn't there.

"Erm...." She turned to face him. "Have you seen where that pendant went? The butterfly one?"

"Hmm? Oh! Bird brain had it last..."

"Bird brain? Wait, nevermind..." He was obviously talking about Corvus, but why did he have it? "Why does he have it?"

"It beats me... Hey... I am sorry that I couldn't really explain much...."

"It's ok. I sorta think of it like you're sleepwalking. The only problem I had was that you were deathly cold..." She answered back.

"I'm sorry...." He hung his head.

"Please, don't apologise."

She watched him hop off the bed and head towards her balcony doors.

"I'm going outside for a bit, you can go to bed."

Lucette watched him open the door and walk out. Him not explaining it well was really affecting him. He had out of body experiences? Why did that sound kind of familiar? Wait, Eros once said his nightmares felt like an out of body experience. Is this kind of the same thing? At least having Ichthys around her helped him. He said that smelling her helped. She wasn't sure HOW she helped with that, but at least it's something. Mulling it over it won't do much, so she hopped into bed. Hopefully both of those two will be fine doing whatever they are doing, she thought as she nestled into dream world.

A weird sensation wakes her up, but she doesn't wake up in her own bedroom. Instead, she finds herself standing up, in a completely different room. Oh, it's one of those dream things again...