106. Hope and Love

A/N - Heart Break and Lime Warning

As she still held onto the limp hand, Lucette couldn't fight back all the tears anymore. They came at her like a flood, and she couldn't stop them. AS she looked into his blue eyes, she could see that he was still smiling, and she wondered why this was happening. Weren't they supposed to be strong? Wasn't it hard to actually hurt them? As she smiled sadly at him, she still held his hand close to her as she looked around. Through her tear stained eyes, she tried to find anyone. In the distance, she could see that suit of armour getting ganged up on by several people. She could just make out at least three horses appearing. So they were back. As she smiled down at the injured party, she let go of his hand and cupped his face.

"Look... We're back.... We are with everyone...."

"That's.... Good...."

"We are going to get you help, just hold on...."

"No.... Nothing can help me...... But that is my fate...."

"Don't be silly."

"I gave up my immortality for you, you are the most...." A weak and feeble hand touched her face. "Treasured possession in my life, and I know you will do..... Well...."

Lucette looked down at him, and several memories flooded her mind, and it caused her to cry even more.

"You finally... Remembered.... I'm glad...."

"At the worst time...."

"Just remember my words, won't you?"

"I will...."

"Is he alright?" A feeble voice calls out to her and, as she looks up, she sees that Nocte is staring back at her, with a sad expression. "Lucien.... Seriously?"

Lucien feebly turned his head to look at Nocte. "Come here, would you?"

Nocte sighed and crouched down, and lowered his head. As Lucien moved his hand, he grabbed Nocte by the back of the head and whispered something into his ear. When he let go, he lay back down. Nocte looked surprised, but then nodded.

"Always...."

Several others came over, and hung their head low. Lucette continued to silently cry.

"I need to... Rest...."

And, with those parting words, Lucien's head went limp, his wounds ultimately taking him. Nocte lowered his head and moved his hand and lay it on Lucien's chest.

"Memoria De valens vivat tamque vestri...."

As he said that, flowers started to sprout out. More specifically, they were red spider lilies, and a magical essence started to dance around them. For what it was worth, it was beautiful. Forgetting what emotions are, Lucette placed her forehead on his. Why did she have to remember him now of all times?.

When she lifted her head up, she saw everyone who was surrounding them. There was not only Casus, but Victus, Arcana, Finis and Bellum had appeared. Caelum was standing behind them as well.

"Do you want to do it now?" Caelum had asked as he stepped forwards.

Nocte didn't say anything, he just turned his face away from everyone.

"It would be best...." Victus answered instead.

"Wait, what's going on?" Lucette asked them.

"A funeral...." Casus replied as he crouched down beside her, looking down at what was left of Lucien. "It's not often done, but it would give him what he deserves...."