63. Zoo

Lucette awoke to the gentle sounds of some birds chirping. Looking up at the ceiling, she thought that she was having one of those dreams again, until she turned sideways. Laying there, on the other bed, was some of Mai's limbs, poking out of the sheets. Remembering that their entire class was on their first trip of the year, Lucette stretched and rose from the bed. They all agreed to meet at 8am for breakfast and, according to her own clock, there was a bit of time. So, quietly rummaging through her case, she took out her toiletries and clothes for the day. She also saw that Mai was still fast asleep. Deciding to let her sleep for now, Lucette headed to the bathroom. The bathroom was as nice as the room itself. It had the bare essentials, toilet, sink and shower, but it was nice and quaint. Testing out the shower and getting it to a decent temperature, she got undressed and entered it. What is with showers from other places? The water felt oddly nice. Is it because of the new place, meaning new water? Spending a little while longer in the shower, Lucette couldn't help but hear rustling from inside the bathroom. Using her hand, she removed some of the steam off of the shower door. Did Mai perhaps wake up? Peering through the hole she made, she didn't really see anything. Thinking she was just hearing things, she turned the shower off and stepped out. As she leant over to grab the towel, she caught something... Else.

"Huh?"

She quickly looked up and she realised that she didn't grab the towel, but instead she grabbed a shirt.

"What the...?" She exclaimed as she took a step back and hid back in the shower.

The reason why was the fact that standing in the bathroom was a man, and from her outburst, he started to turn around. A pair of blue eyes, behind black hair, was looking at her.

"Oh, hi there!" He said to her, with a little wave.

"Casus? What? Why are you here?"

"No reason.... However, why are you behind that?" Casus questioned her.

Was he dumb, playing dumb or did he just not realise?

"... That towel.. Behind you.... Could you pass it to me?"

He half turned around and picked the towel off of the railing. "Wait, this is a bathroom and that is a shower...... Oh...." Looked like he cottoned on, since his eyes went wide. "Damn, I'm deeply sorry...." He handed her the towel and turned his back to her.

"I'm not sure how you can not tell that this is a bathroom...." Lucette said to his back, as she put the towel around herself.

"I was sorta concentrating on something else....." Casus answered her, with his back still facing her.

"Well, if I have to be honest, I am very interested in why you are here anyway..."

"I was tracking something...."

"And it just happens to be in this bathroom? Also, you can turn around now."

He slowly turned around, and saw that she had wrapped the towel around herself.

"It's just one of those little beasties...." She watched him bend down and pick at some black sand on the floor. "I had to get rid of it."

Wait... Was that the rustling sound she had heard earlier? One of those shadow beasts again?

"Well... Erm, thank you at least...."

"My pleasure." She watched him as he incinerated the sand, and stood up. Although she couldn't help noticing that he looked a bit anguished when he looked at her. "Erm.. You may want to fix.. That."

"Eh?" Looking down at what he was pointing at, she noticed that a portion of her towel had fallen down and was barely covering her boob. "Ah..." She scrambled to cover herself up, but before she could, Casus moved in front of her and placed a hand over her mouth. "???"