56. Kitchen Desires

A/N - Just a bit of lemon <3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As Lucette awoke the following morning, she couldn't help feeling something on top of her. Her view was hidden, since her head was under the bed covers, so she couldn't see what it was. The weight that she felt wasn't exactly heavy, it just made it hard for her to move. Wiggling an arm free, she managed to pull down the covers, and looked down at the source of the weight. Casually sleeping, with his head in her chest, was Ichthys. But, unlike last night, he was back to normal and no longer the little cat.

"Erm....?" She tried to move her body to wake him up. "Ikky?" However, it didn't work. Sighing, she moved her free arm and tapped his head.

"Mmm?" The action stirred him, and his head turned so he faced in her direction. With one eye open, he looked at her. "Oh... Morning..."

"Yeah, morning... Why are you...?"

"Why am I what?"

"On me?"

"Hmm?" He picked himself up and looked down at his arms. "Oh, I'm back to normal..."

"Yeah, you are..."

Lucette watched him as he looked down and then back to her.

"Oh... Whoops, my bad..."

He moved to try and get off her, but as he moved his leg, his knee went in between her legs and, for some unknown reason, she made an odd noise. Clasping her hand to her mouth, she kinda hoped he didn't hear that. But, as she looked at him, he was giving her this odd look.

"What was that squeak?"

"Nothing, absolutely nothing!"

As he was more or less off of her now, she was able to move back a bit. Away from his knee, in fact. But, as she moved herself, she somehow knocked the arm that he was using to hold himself up, which caused him to lose balance. His face landed right into her chest.

"Ah!"

"Hey, don't shout!" He removed his head from her chest, and looked apologetically at her. "Sorry..."

"It's ok..."

She knew it wasn't his fault, she did unbalance him. But the smell of vanilla was awfully strong, stronger than it usually was and, in some weird way, she could swear that she could even see it. As she stared at him, his eyes showed off various emotions, pain, worry, confusion... all sorts. For a brief moment, she even saw a flash of red in his right eye. For some reason, she wanted to heal that. Her hand was moving on it's own, she couldn't stop it, even if she wanted to. It was like she was possessed, it was, however, similar to what happened before. But this time, she felt like she had too. As she cupped his cheek, he looked at her surprised, but leaned into it after a moment. Leaning forward, she placed a kiss on his other cheek and backed off. His expression was soft now, his eyes weren't showing the agony from before. They were gentle.

"You are always shining..." He muttered, under his breath.

"Pardon?"

"Nothing..." He smiled at her and moved to sit on the side of the bed but, for a split moment, he looked awfully sad.

Biting the bullet, she moved and bear-hugged him.

"What are you...?"

"Just don't look that way again..."

"What way?"

Lucette moved to look at his face.

"Sad."