I will wait for you

⚠️I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN TO PLAY THE SONG⚠️

Iwaizumi x Male ! Singer !
💔☁️
Warnings: Slight angst and arguing. (if you see more, let me know.)

It was the school's talent show, Seijoh's volleyball team, minus Oikawa, had dragged their ace to see it. He knew the person he fell in love would play, but his team didn't know. He was going to preform and he wanted to avoide the guilt and sadness.

He wanted to avoid seeing (M/N), his ex.

A slight pang of guilt hit him, Iwaizumi felt stupid for believing lies. He felt stupid for ending it, he just felt stupid.

Flashback:

"Iwaizumi!" Oikawa called out to his best friend.

The ace looked at him and raised an eyebrow, 'He used my full name... must be serious.' Iwaizumi thought.

"What is it Loserkawa?" Iwaizumi tried to keep things normal.

Oikawa dismissed the treacherous nickname, knowing full well Iwaizumi's world was about to crash down. All by his selfish desires.

It's not his fault, Oikawa just wanted attention. He was jealous, how could (M/N) steal Iwaizumi's heart?

"I overheard (M/N) speaking to someone on my way here. Said something along the lines of , 'I never loved Iwaizumi. I felt bad he never got any attention, poor dude. It sucks not knowing a thing. Besides you're the one I love.' I then looked over and saw him kissing a girl, smiling to her. I'm sorry."

Iwaizumi froze, his hands felt clamp. Oikawa was lying, he had to be. Iwaizumi looked at Oikawa ready to hit him and tell him to 'knock it off' but stopped. Oikawa looked generally sad, which only made the ace believe him.

His heart shattered, he slumped his shoulders. He just walked to practice silently.

'I'm always in his shadow. Why did the guy I thought had loved me, was only playing with me. Why did he pity me? I don't need it.' He had scoffed at the thought.

After practice Iwaizumi slowly walked out, he saw (M/N) speaking to a girl. Not knowing it was his sister.

(M/N) waved to his boyfriend and a small smile reached the slightly taller's face. But disappeared when Iwaizumi didn't return the wave or smile like usual.

'I'm going to break up with him.' Iwaizumi thought.

(M/N) walked to him confused, that was until Iwaizumi broke up with him. Iwaizumi left, ignoring the shouts of his now ex boyfriend. He angrily wiped his tears.

He slammed his room door when he got home, both cried that night.

Heart broken for different reasons.

Flashback over:

Iwaizumi was brought back from that memory when a certain name was called, (M/N). (M/N) walked onto the stage, waving to the crowd. Faking his famous smile, that only Iwaizumi could see through.

Iwaizumi studied him, his hair was disheveled, and he had bags under his eyes. He certainly didn't look his best, but he still dressed like the center of attention.

His (F/C) button up shirt was tucked in a nice pair of black slacks. His top three buttons undone, showing parts of his chest. Boy was (M/N) muscular. He wore black shoes to match his outfit. A couple of silver rings stretched across his long fingers.

⚠️PLAY SONG⚠️

He sat down on the piano and took a deep breath, closing eyes. He started playing the keys to the song. He opened his mouth and began to sing with his angelic voice. The voice Iwaizumi fell in love with.

"Well I came home
Like a stone.
And I fell heavy into your arms.
These days of dust,
Which we've known,
Will blow away with this new sun."

Iwaizumi remembered the times him and (M/N) would just randomly show up to each other's house. For cuddles, ranting and anything. Staying till the sun came up.

"But I'll kneel down,
Wait for now.
And I'll kneel down,
Know my ground."

Those days Iwaizumi would comfort (M/N) kneeling in front of his mother's grave. They were always there for each other, now it's like a memory.

"And I will wait, I will wait for you.
And I will wait, I will wait for you."

(M/N)'s voice gradually showed more emotion. Shocking the crowd, he was always one to hide his emotions. The sadness and frustration was taken out on the keys, Iwaizumi felt guilty.

(M/N) would always wait for his practice to be over. Always chuckling and saying, 'I will wait for you.' Making Iwaizumi's heart flutter. Now it's gone.

"So break my step
And relent.
Well you forgave and I won't forget,
Know what I've seen
And him with less.
Now in some way
Shake the excess."

Iwaizumi lost his composure. Tears silently fell down his face. He didn't bother to wipe them, his team noticing his sadness. (M/N) finally opened his eyes for the first time during the song. His glossy eyes scanned the crowd to let them know he was okay. Till they stopped on his favorite pair. Iwaizumi and him held eye contact. (M/N) sang the next verse without breaking eye contact.

"Cause I will wait, I will wait for you.
And I will wait, I will wait for you.
And I will wait, I will wait for you."

(M/N) looked away, sighing softly before continuing on. Ignoring the pain in his chest from seeing the ace. Iwaizumi got up, ignoring the whispered protest from his team, and dashed to back stage. He was going to wait for (M/N) and make this right. He wanted him, he never should've let go.

He didn't hear the rest of the song, but he didn't need to. He needed (M/N).

(M/N) finally walked back stage, wiping the stray tear. Trying not to break down, that was until he saw Iwaizumi standing in front of him. (M/N) looked slightly down in his eyes, finally the tears he so desperately tried locking away, flowed freely down his face. The sadness and hurt he denied surfaced and showed.

"(M/N)-" Iwaizumi whispered.

"Don't you dare apologize. You broke me Iwaizumi and I have no clue what I did. But I will always wait for you." (M/N) said with a shattered heart.

Iwaizumi looked down, "I shouldn't have listened to Oikawa. I've-"

(M/N) stepped back, "Of course." (M/N) mumbled, looking away. "I understand that you believed him, he's your best friend, but why didn't you ask me? Why couldn't you confront me so I could say it was all a lie?" (M/N)'s voice raised slightly.

"Because I was afraid!" Iwaizumi looked (M/N) in the eyes, "I was always in Oikawa's shadow. Stuck in second place, I've never received the attention he got until I met you. At first I thought it was to get closer to Oikawa! That's what always happens! You HAVE to understand it was my insecurities-"

Iwaizumi was cut of by a pair of soft, but salty from tears, lips. Iwaizumi didn't hesitate to kiss back. He felt happy once more, he felt like he had beaten Oikawa at something. They gripped tightly onto each other's clothing, holding as tightly as they could. Making up for loss time and touch.

Bonus:

(M/N)'s forehead was leaning on Iwaizumi's. They felt relaxed and their breathing slowed down. They calmed down.

Iwaizumi had a small tear run down his cheek, (M/N) wiped it away.

"I'm so in love with you (M/N). And I'm so sorry."

"I'm so in love with you as well Hajime."

With that, (M/N) brought the smaller ace into his embrace. Hugging him tightly once more. Not wanting to let go.

They went to (M/N)'s apartment. Iwaizumi stayed on his chest, while (M/N) comfortingly rubbed his fingers in circles on his back. They had a godzilla marathon before falling asleep in each other's arms.

~This was my fist song one... idk I kinda like it. This is probably my favorite one I've ever thought about.
What do you think?❤️