Comfort

tsukishima x overwhelmed ! male !
☁️
warnings: none
requested by: @froggietoast

(M/N) was tapping his fingers, fidgeting as he tried to focus on the group project. There was still so much to do and he was the only one doing work. His partners were only talking to each other, they could've at least worked on some type of school work, but they didn't do that either.

(M/N) kept looking between the poster board and his two other group partners. His eyes held uncertainty if he should speak out or not. He fiddled with the bottom button on his coat. He cleared his throat, manning up.

"Come on guys..." his partners all looked at him. Glaring at him, he took a deep breath. You got this (M/N). "I can't be the only one doing work. This is a group project!"

"You're doing just fine on your own."

(M/N) was a bit taken back by that, but he wanted to hold his ground. "I can't do this by myself. There's so much that still needs to be done, we are already falling behind since only one of us is-"

"Then why not just do it at home? You know what you're doing, so do it." They glared at him.

(M/N) was getting frustrated, and he felt panic taking over his lungs. He was never one to call someone out, he liked peace and he like being alone, but he just couldn't do this on his own.

"I need help." He began to sound desperate. "I don't have the time to do it at home. We all need to put effort in... and... and..."

His palms grew sweaty. His breathing quickened. He lost his train of thought as he saw the looks he was getting. As he saw the way they gave a certain distaste to the male who was just trying to get some type of effort from them.

He rubbed his hands up and down his thighs, bouncing them both slightly. He took a deep breath in, holding it for a few seconds before releasing it. Trying to calm down, trying to ignore their looks.

"Please... come on..." He stumbled over his words, they began to start mixing with each other. Now only starting to sound like random noises.

They laughed at him, "You can't even get your words out. Maybe you aren't good enough to do our project, are we sure we'll get a good grade."

No... no it's my project! I did it all. You guys don't deserve to have your names on it, you can't take the credit.

That's what he wanted to say, that's what he so desperately wanted to get out. But his face was red, he felt uncomfortable, he felt hot, he felt sweaty, he felt nervous. He felt everything wrong. He clawed a bit at his coat, he felt like he wanted to rip it off, he felt like he was suffocating.

They continued to make him feel worse. Not so fortunately fortunate, he couldn't hear them. He could only hear ringing in his ears. Every noise faded as he felt like he was drowning. He pushed himself out of his chair, almost falling over another desk, he stumbled a bit. His breathing picking up, it now being heard by others. Some tried asking if he was okay, but he couldn't hear. He couldn't hear his teacher yelling his name as he practically ran out of the classroom.

He ran to the closest empty room, which happened to be the library. He was thankful as no one every went in there.

He went to the very back, stumbling as his vision began to blur. He couldn't tell if it were from panicking or from tears or from both. He pulled his phone quickly looking for Tsukishima. He didn't know what he texted, hopefully getting out he needed him.

He slumped to the floor, hiding in the corner. he took his coat off, finding it harder to breathe. He covered his head with his coat, finally a bit of peace in the darkness, but he still felt overwhelmed. Still felt on the verge of collapsing.