Ice Cream:

Goshiki x taller ! male
☁️
warnings: none

(M/N) watched as his best friend looked defeated. Shiratorizawa had lost against Karasuno, the sets long and tiring as sweat trailed down the player's faces.

He stayed back after they thanked everyone, he watched them stretch on the gym. Goshiki hadn't looked up at the stands, he was completely avoiding eye contact with (M/N).

The taller male frowned, he knew Goshiki probably got in his head and felt like he wasn't good enough.

He left and went down the stands when they were getting ready to leave, and he met them outside. Some waved at him, but kept their heads down, others didn't really care for him. But, Goshiki tried to speed past him.

(M/N) grabbed his wrist, pulling him into his chest. One hand rested on top of Goshiki's head, resting his chin on his hand. His other hand wrapping around his lower back. (M/N) told Goshiki's coach it'll be quick.

"Hey," (M/N) whispered, "I'm proud of you. Best player out there."

"You think so?" Goshiki mumbled into (M/N)'s chest.

"I know so."

He smiled when Goshiki hugged him back. He removed his hand from on top of Goshiki's head, cupping his chin and tilting his head upwards as he kissed Goshiki's forehead.

Goshiki blushed, looking away.

"How about after you do your last practice, I treat you to some ice cream? You can invite the team, I'll treat them too."

Goshiki nodded, letting go and waving. He ran onto the bus.

(M/N) walked back to Shiratorizawa, sighing as he waited outside the gym of their practice. He leaned against the wall, arms crossed as his eyes closed.

He hummed, hearing their shoes squeaking. He knew Goshiki was probably working even harder than usual, the male wanted to become the next ace. The look in Goshiki's eyes when he looked up at (M/N) broke his heart.

He knew Goshiki was overthinking it, blaming himself. Scolding himself that he couldn't do much during the game, but how could they know?

They couldn't predict the future.

He felt a tap to the middle of his chest, he opened his eyes and tilted them down to look at Goshiki. The male fiddled with the strap of his bag, he was changed out of his uniform.

"Ready?" Goshiki mumbled, not looking at (M/N).

(M/N) ruffled his hair, hearing the same whining protest. Goshiki didn't like when (M/N) messed up his hair, he grabbed (M/N)'s wrist pulling it in front of him.

He played with his fingers, an evident pout on his face.

"So cruel." Goshiki mumbled.

He connected their hands, intertwining their fingers. They hadn't moved yet.

"Who else is joining?"

"Tendou, Ushijima, Shirabu and Semi. The others were exhausted and wanted to go home, they're only joining because of the free ice cream. Well, Tendou is dragging Ushijima with him."

(M/N) smiled, "The more the merrier."

It didn't take long for the others to join, all saying hello to (M/N).

"Free ice cream, let's go love birds!" Tendou said, being more optimistic, but he grabbed Ushijima's hands. He pointed to Shirabu and Semi, "And you two lonely people."

(M/N) and Goshiki blushed, "We aren't dating!" They both said.

"Not yet." Tendou grinned. "Onwards!"