Real Smile: Pt 2

Oikawa x taller ! older ! male
💔☁️

It had been a few days since Oikawa sent the text to his now ex boyfriend, and there was no response. So, Oikawa blocked him. If the male wasn't going to respond, then it wasn't worth it, and Oikawa did the right thing by breaking up with him.

But his heart hurt.

He felt so much pain and sadness.

It was a Friday afternoon practice, and Oikawa was more than relieved that the weekend was upon them. That meant his team would stop giving his puffy, red eyes and face a concerned look. They would stop giving him worried looks because they wouldn't be seeing him.

"Do you need help stretching?" Iwaizumi asked.

Oikawa shook his head no, pushing his hands out further and stretching his back. Eyes casted down to the ground as he held a blank look.

Oikawa ignored the world, he ignored his team. He was more focused on not crying, he was more focused on not breaking down. He couldn't do that in front of his team.

Even his fake smile would've been nice, but he couldn't even give that.

He felt someone nudge his shoulder, glancing to see Matsuwaka looking at him and then at the gym door. He was confused and faced the door.

There stood (M/N), eye bags evident, redness also evident. He looked no better than Oikawa.

"Mind if I speak about the text you sent, outside?" His voice sounded hoarse, like he needed water.

Oikawa slowly nodded his head, getting up and following after the tall male. But he didn't smile like last time, and his team got the hint almost immediately.

Oikawa closed the gym door behind him, not looking the taller male in the eyes.

"Can I know why?" He asked. "You left no reason as to why you're breaking up with me. I would like to know at least. Hurts more that it was a text, you could've at least called."

"I couldn't deal with it... it was always a possibility I would never get a text from you ever again. I mean... being a flight engineer is very dangerous."

"I know."

"So whenever you wouldn't text for long periods of times..." He couldn't finish his sentence as he began to cry, wanting to fall into (M/N)'s arms as he felt the male wipe his tears. He pulled away, trying to keep his distance, "What are you even doing here?"

"I wanted to talk to you. Not like I could when I saw that I was blocked. The people at the internship think I'm sick in bed, by now they probably know I'm not there, so I'm going to be in trouble."

Oikawa stared at him, words not forming. (M/N) took the first flight he could when he finally saw Oikawa's text. Even if he was unblocked, (M/N) still would've took the first flight. No way was he going to talk about this over the phone, he needed to see Oikawa.

"Besides, I wanted to see you." Oikawa began to cry more at those words. "Tooru... can I actually still call you that?" Oikawa nodded, he never wanted (M/N) to call him by his last name unless that last name was changed to the taller male's. "Good. Do I still have a chance to win you back?"

"W-what?"

"Well, now that I know it wasn't because of feelings being lost, I'm asking if I can win you back?"

Oikawa thought about it, he didn't know if he could take the pain again. But if they were going to stay friends for a bit, maybe, just maybe things would be okay between them.

Oikawa sniffled, catching notice that (M/N)'s hand twitched to comfort him but he wasn't sure if he had the right to do so. So, Oikawa made it easier, he walked closer, gripping onto the front of (M/N)'s chest and putting his head on the male's heart beat.