He's Mine

Kita x slightly ! chubbier ! shorter ! male
☁️☁️
warnings: a bit of self doubt.

(M/N) nervously rubbed his hands together, slowly taking steps to the gym door. He wanted to see Kita, wanted to hug him, but didn't know if he should just walk in or knock... he was beyond nervous.

He stiffly grabbed his shirt, wiping his sweaty palms. He didn't know how Kita would react, he's never seen the team before and he knows nothing about volleyball.

He listened closely, no movement, so there was no way he would get hit by a volleyball. He began to open the door, peeking his head in. Already catching everybody's eyes, but he couldn't find Kita's.

"Who are you?" A blonde asked, looking him up and down.

(M/N) felt judged, readjusting his loose shirt that was engulfing him.

"I... uh- I'm (L/N) (M/N), I'm here for Kita."

A grey haired male perked up, "Ah, you're the famous (L/N) our captain talks about."

That same blonde quickly went to (M/N) fully pulling him into the gym. (M/N) yelped, afraid to see their faces, their reactions on his weight. What had Kita told them? Would they be disappointed.

All was silent, no one moved, all looking at (M/N)... who by the way, was looking somewhere on the ground.

Then, they began to crowd around him, a male who looked tired got close to his face. (M/N) flinched back, trying to get some space.

"How come Kita gets you? Why did he catch your eye? I'm definitely better... yes, yes I am." He began to look away, rubbing his chin. Thinking about something else.

"Yeah, yer pretty cute. No wonder Kita talks about you all the time." That same blonde said.

Murmurs went around in agreement, causing the cheeks on (M/N)'s face flared up in red. Not used to all this.

"You think so?" (M/N) asked, tilting his head.

"Of course!" That blonde got close to (M/N)'s face along with the same tired male as well, the blonde pinched (M/N)'s cheek, "Absolutely adorable. I could be better than Kita."

"Nuh uh," A grey haired male said, who looked just like the blonde, "anyone of us could be better than you."

"Shut yer trap!"

"That's... that's uh really nice of you guys, but I'm happy with Kita and I don't know any of you."

"Oh, where are our manners. I'm Aran." He went to shake (M/N)'s hand. "You are quite the catch."

(M/N) shook it, "You know my name already... but um, where's Kita?" (M/N) began to look around.

"Nowhere. I'm Atsumu," he shoved Aran away, "I could be way better."

"No you can't, I can. Osamu, a pleasure meeting you."

"I'm Suna," he pulled his phone out recording the two twins that looked like they were about to fight, (M/N) looked at him confused, "Their fights are funny. I make money off of them." Suna answered the silent question.

Kita began to walk out of the locker room, finishing up the conversation with the coach. His eyes looked around the gym to see them all bundled in a ball instead of practicing.

Kita calmly walked over, no one noticing him. Then he heard a familiar, soothing voice.

"Well, thanks for telling me your guy's name, but I really must find Kita."

Kita stood behind the twin's, he kept a neutral face, "What are you guys doing?"

Everyone jumped -minus (M/N)- the twins were startled so bad they went pale.