Uncle Alazar ushered me out of the room and into the hall where I began to pace and shake a bit. Why would Loche do such a thing? What had the man done that was so wrong...to warrant him to be pierced in the eye!

"Here take my cloak," Uncle Alazar advised as he draped the large thing over my shoulders. I was not shaking because I was cold...but because I was scared.

My body began to ache as I thought of all of the awful things that had happened today. I could not even fathom to understand how our ceremony would work out, Loche executes people...and he stabbed a man!

"Princess please calm down. You are breathing rather harshly. Just stay calm. These types of things happen often. Nothing to worry yourself about," Uncle Alazar tried to explain as I felt my stomach began to churn slightly.

"Often? People are stabbed here often? What if I am stabbed? What makes one have the urge to be impaled...I-I do not understand your dragon ways," I worried as Uncle Alazar sighed, giving me a stressed smile.

He ran his fingers through his short beard. "Well Loche is not wreckless so I suppose he had a reasonable explanation in why he has done what he did."

"I...I do not think anything is reasonable about hurting someone," I explained to him as he shrugged as if he did not agree with me.

"Well we handle things a bit differently over here dear...but that is another conversation for another day...let us get going, yes?" He questioned as I nodded my head gratefully. My head felt heavy and my vision began to blur a bit. I just would like to sleep now and forget about what has just happened...

"Princess? Princess Estelle?!"

_________________________________________

"Estelle wake up!"

A loud familiar voice rattled my senses as I slowly opened my sleepy eyes. I blinked a few times to see my sister hovering over me. A worried look on her features, as I pushed her face away from my own. "Agh, Estelle," she fussed as she moved a bit so I could move.

I slowly sat up, my hands going to my head which was in mild pain. The pain seemed to be traveling to my back also... "Juni I do not feel well," I sighed as she gave me a suspicious look.

"Estelle have you done the thing that we both agreed you were not going to do?" She questioned as I just glared at her. I did mot appreciate when she spoke in code. Sometimes I had no idea what she was speaking of...

"No, I have not," I told her, finally realizing what she really meant. It has taken a lot not to do so...but I have fought the urge.

Juni sighed, sitting across from me and scratching her head. "Are you sure? You have never fainted so much at home. Maybe if we tell Papa he will know why."

"-No! I have done nothing wrong," I told her. "Do not tell father, Juni. He will do something crazy like try and take me back...and that will cause a war." I knew it would. Loche may not like me much but I am sure he will not take kindly to my father attempting to take me back.

Juni sighed loudly, "You know you passed out in Uncle Alazar's arms? Do you remember anything before that?"

I remember. I remember the awful meeting...and hearing that Loche killed people, and that poor man who he had hurt at the meeting... "Yes, I remember everything."