-Six-

"That guard will not be able to protect them."

Glancing at my uncle, then to the fae princesses, a frustrated sigh left my lips. Of course that weak fae who was abnormally loud could not compete with a dragon. Him coming along with us was just a way to keep the 'peace.' The princesses knew the guard and it would probably set them at ease.

I needed my bride out of my way and content. With her sister and the nuisance guard that would do the trick I am sure.

"I know. When we return I will speak with Iona to have two guards placed to watch over them," I explained to Alazar as my eyes slid over to the sleeping fae sisters. They were too fragile. Especially Princess Estelle... Everything on her was slim and small...except for her curves.

Our women had curves also but I never was one to observe a woman so critically for this long. I suppose it was because my behemoth found her attractive. As she lay on her sister, sleeping soundly, I wondered if she would do the same once the trials of our marriage were over. Would she curl into me like this? Or would she be afraid and turn away...

Alazar began to chuckle, and I was snapped out the assessment of my bride. "What humors you?"

"Loche, if your little bride was awake and seeing you stare at her like that she may be frightened. Try not staring at her so intensely. I am aware she is beautiful but she is not going to disappear the moment you look away," Alazar chuckled as I felt like hitting the old fool. It was not my fault she is so...easy too look at.

I cleared my throat, glowering at him. "I do not need you to tell me where my eyes should stay."

Alazar scoffed. "It is just a word of advice. I have seen you looking at her when she is awake and she shies away from your intense gaze. Lighten your gaze, soften your face."

I do not need advice from a fool like him.  "Any more advice?" I snapped, not expecting him to actually give me some.

"You want advice on women? I thought I would be set aflame by the pyre before you ever asked such a question! Let me tell you, Loche, with women it is all about words. How you-"

"-I was jesting," I told him quickly, hopefully ending that god awful conversation he wanted to attempt at having. I did not need advice, women were not that complicated. One just has to occasionally spend time with her, make sure she is fed and that is it. And she needs jewels.

And mate pretty fae.

My behemoth of course had to mention intercourse. That was apart of marriage I would not mind fulfilling with the Princess. I have not taken a woman, but that is what instinct from my behemoth is for.

"So what are your thoughts on her not having wings? It is not good to make false promises to kings," he told me as I heard the whistling outside of the carriage. I winced, knowing it was that shadow fae. He had been whistling on and off since he got back on his horse.

"Who said I was to make a false promise?"

Alazar chuckled. "You want me to believe that you will keep that promise, Loche? You are your fathers son. If he gets word of it he will count you as not a man. My brother will be disappointed."

My father was disappointed in my existence, I do not care for his blessings, his words, or anything of that sorts. "I do not go back on my word."

"I will hold you to that, Lochelan...She seems like a nice girl." We do not even know that. She may be a spoilt, annoying woman. Who will pester me constantly. I know a man in the council whose wife is always on or around him. Would Estelle be like that?