Chapter:53

Emy was discharged from the hospital the next day. She was taken to the Stevenson residence by James. Kate and Max were there too. They hugged her as soon as she saw Emy.

"Emy, how are you feeling now?" Kate asked.

"I am fine." She paused.

"But I really need to find a way to kill the person who murdered my mother. And I need your help to do that." Emy completed and stared at them,with rage flaring in her eyes.

Kate and Max stared at James.

"I am with her in this." James replied understanding their silent question.

"Then we are all ready for this." Kate said aloud. Max too nodded her head.

Nancy took good care of Emy. She came there as a nanny for Seth while he was young. She was a witch. Seth considered her as his own mother and Nancy showed the same affection towards him.

Nancy hated vampires. She considered them as evil. But when she came to know about Kate's  and Max's story, she decided to stand by their side.

Several days later, Kate received a letter.

"It's from the dark army." Kate stated after opening the letter.

"What does it say?" Max asked.

"It says that I should meet them within a fortnight." Kate replied.

Seth felt like he was stabbed suddenly.

"James, what are we gonna do?" He asked,worried.

" We are going together. The pack is all ready for it." James answered.

"James,that's dangerous. They are powerful than you think." Kate broke in.

"Katherine, we can't risk your life. So we are ready to face the dangers." James added.

"Why are you doing this for me?"Kate enquired.

"Because you are my brother's mate and my sister. You are a part of this family now. So we are supposed to stay together in a crisis." James clarified.

Tears dropped down from Kate's eyes listening to what James just said.

"Thank you so much. All of you are putting your lives in danger in order to protect a monster like me." She looked at the faces of the other pack members and sobbed.

James hugged her and comforted her,

"We will always stay together no matter whatever happen. After all, I am the reason why all this took place."

"No, James. None of this was your fault." Kate corrected him.

"This was the fate. I was destined to be with Seth. And you became a reason for that." Kate rephrased.

Seth stared at them in happiness. He remembered how much James hated her in the beginning just because of the fact that she is a vampire. He never thought James would ever change his opinion regarding her.

But at that moment, they were like real siblings.

Emy's eyes were flooded. Seeing him agreeing to help Kate melted her heart. She can never ever think of something bad happening to her. And she was happy that her James was ready to help her in that worst situation.

*******************

NEXT DAY

Emy heard the sound of the calling bell. She walked down the stairs to answer the door.