chapter:13

"What are the ways in which humans can kill a vampire?" I asked.

"There is a plant named vervain. It creates a stinging sensation in vampires of every level. But vervain can kill cripples if they feed on a person who has vervain in any part of their body. Then there are stakes. If a vampire is staked in their heart, they die. And then the sun. Sun can kill vampires within seconds. But remember vervain and stake only work on vampires under the level  of ultimate. Ultimates can only be killed by the sun."
She explained.

She then cleared a lot of doubts I had and promised me that she would be with me to help me whenever I am in need. When I was leaving, she handed me a silver coloured pendant and said," Keep this with you. This will protect you from Jacob."

"What is this?" I asked, eyeing the pendant.

"This is not a normal pendent. It has vervain. Jacob cannot feed or compel you when you have vervain."

"Thank you, Max."

We went back to our home soon. I wore the pendant Max gave the entire time so that I can protect myself from Jake.

Night arrived as well as my vampire husband. He came near me and gave me that look he always had when he was romantic. He caressed my cheeks and his fingers trailed down to my pendant.

"Ouch." He groaned.

"Hmm... Interesting. From where did you got that pendant,love?" He asked me.

"I bought it from a seller when Anna and I went outside for a walk." I replied.

" It's beautiful. But you are more beautiful when you lie." He let out an evil laugh.

I felt my body becoming cold with fear. My heartbeats were increasing. I couldn't move. I couldn't breath. I knew, that he was aware of the truth and I would die any minute.

"Charlie,bring her in." Jake ordered.

Charlie brought Anna in with her hands tied . There was a bite on her neck from where blood was flowing down. Her dress was drenched in blood.

Anna looked at me pathetically. I was sorry for her. This happened to her because of me. My eyes filled with tears. I felt hatred towards myself.

"Kate,remove that pendant." Jake ordered me.

"I won't. I will never do that." I said boldly.

"Okay. Don't do it then." He said and walked to Anna.

He grabbed her throat tightly. She struggled for air. I knew he would kill her.

"Jacob,stop it. I will do whatever you say. Please leave her alone. Please." I said bursting into tears.

"Ahh. That's a good girl. Obey your husband. You will be rewarded. Now take it off." He said.

I took my pendant off and waited for my death. I was the reason why all these happened to Anna. So I needed to protect her. I needed to safe her life by sacrificing mine.

He came near me and said," I thought of killing you at first. But no,you are too kind. You are willing to sacrifice your own life for your friend. That's too kind. You don't deserve death,my love. Here take this." He said giving me some liquid in a bottle.

"Drink this." He said.

I didn't know what it was. So I drank it. I didn't know that was a bigger torture than death.

After some time,I felt dizzy. My vision started to blur. My body started shivering. I felt my veins and arteries in my body tightening. I screamed due to pain.

Jacob came beside me.
"Awe,poor thing. Is it paining,my love?"he asked sarcasm filled in every word he said.

"What did you do to me? Was that poison?" I yelled.

" Love, it was my blood. Now you are going be one like me. A monster. A blood sucking demon. A vampire." He said letting his evil laughter again.

I screamed for help. But no one came to my rescue. He laughed at my pathetic condition.

"I won't leave you for good. I will kill you. " I screamed.

"Love, i promise you an eternity of misery. Catch me when you can."saying this Jacob went away.

I coughed and spat blood. I understood,those were my last minutes. I was sad about my parents. They can never bear this. I knew that. Still i was happy that I could save Anna. After spitting out a lot of blood, my vision turned dark.

______________________________________

                                      (To be continued)