Chapter:57

Aiten leaned in and kissed her fervently.

Max was surprised by this unexpected gesture. She felt like she was in a beautiful dream from which she never wanted to wake up. She pinched herself to check whether she was witnessing the reality.

"I love you too, Margarita." Aiten confessed.

Tears of happiness flowed down her eyes. She sobbed heavily and hugged Aiten which was reciprocated by him.

The fight was over once Aiten's humanity was flipped back on. Seth gave his blood to cure the vampires who collapsed on the floor due to his bite.

It was the way in which werewolf venom was treated. The blood of a werewolf will cure the venom inside a vampire's body.

The members woke after sometime and were normal again.

James explained to Aiten about his complex relationship with Neorah.

Aiten was shocked to hear that and felt guilty for attacking James earlier.

Seth and Kate were so happy that everyone were safe and everything ended well.

Max was in a stage of unexplainable ecstasy. She stared at Aiten and smiled the whole day. It's was hard for her to stop smiling and that did hurt her cheeks.

The feeling of falling in love made her mind wander into the realms of fantasy. A different space where only Aiten and her were present. No intruders.

She wanted to hold his hand and stay by his side for an eternity.

But suddenly she felt herself being pulled back by the gravity from that beautiful world of her imagination. Soon her mind stepped into the reality. And within a moment another wave of shock hit her brain. Her ability of clairvoyance showed her that her best friend Emy is in danger.

She rose up suddenly from her seat and screamed unable to bear the sight she saw.

"James, we have to leave now." She panicked.

"What happened?" James enquired watching her terrified face.

"Emy is in danger. I saw Neorah biting her." Max muttered, the words uttered from her mouth shaking.

A wave of panic hit everyone.

"We must leave now." James ordered.

AT THE STEVENSON RESIDENCE.

Neorah felt her body burning as Emy's blood ran down her throat.
In addition to that she felt her head aching like it's gonna explode any moment. She took away hand from Emy's throat and turned back to see what was happening.

She saw an old lady casting spell on her. Before Neorah could do anything, Emy grabbed the stake and the bottle of vervain she had hidden behind the sofa.

Emy staked Neorah on her heart,even though she knew it would only cause her pain and not anything more. And then she poured the whole bottle of vervain on her.

The pain caused by the spell, the stake and the vervain was too much for Neorah to take in. She collapsed on the floor.

*******************************

James, Seth, Kate and Max reached the Stevenson residence as fast as they can. Aiten and Yuuta followed them too.

The door was not locked. Music was played so loud that no other voices were heard. They went in. Seth invited Yuuta and Aiten inside.

" Emy??" James called out.

There was no response.

"Nancy?"  Seth called out.

Still there was no response.

James ran upstairs as fast as he could. As he reached the next floor, he heard a scream that penetrated his ears.

*******************************

*Back then*

When Neorah opened her eyes, she found herself tied up to a steel chair. The parts, where the rope made contact with her skin, burnt for her. She struggled hard to escape from the trap.

Just then she felt another burning sensation which was severe than the burn created by the vervain ropes.

She glanced at the direction from where the excruciating pain she experienced, originated.

"The sun!!!" Neorah screamed.

"Oops! Did I hurt you?" Emy mocked, covering the sun rays with the thick black curtain.

Neorah glanced at her finger and realised that her ring is absent.

"Where is my ring?" Neorah shouted.

Emy played with the ring by tossing it upward and catching it to show Neorah that it was under her possession.

"It's not fair to attack an enemy when they are weak. So, if you wanna fight with me, give my ring back and fight fair." Neorah muttered.

"Neorah, do you really think I am insane to give this ring to you? I am a human and you are an ultimate vampire. Both of us know well that I can never beat you if you have your ring." Emy paused.

"And...everything is fair in love and war." Emy mocked.

"Bitch." Neorah growled.

Emy grinned. She went closer to Neorah and cut her arm with the knife she was holding.

Neorah winced in the sudden pain, though the deep cut was healed quickly.

"You know this is useless,don't you?" Neorah questioned Emy.

"Yes, I do know that. But I just love hurting you. Every pain you feel makes me happy - I know it's a sadistic behaviour. But I will never regret that I did this to you." Emy retorted with fury.

"I really experienced the same pleasure when I killed your mother." Neorah paused and stared at Emy's face to see her reaction.

Emy's heart beat raced when Neorah mentioned her mother's name. Lilly's pale and ice-cold body and her eyes which stared into the unknown with fear flashed into her mind within the  fraction of a second.

She felt her body shaking with rage. Tears of anger welled up in her eyes. She wanted to watch Neorah burning in the sun, with satisfaction.

But she also wanted her James to see his mother's face for the one last time before her death. She was clutching her patience to herself until then, so that she can refrain from killing that bitch. But those words she uttered made her lose her self-control.

She grabbed the stake she used earlier and thrusted it into her heart. Neorah winced in pain.

"Neorah, do you know you have been here for more than twenty for hours?" Emy enquired with a smile.

Neorah gasped in shock.

"My spell...-" Neorah stammered.

"It has worn out. And that means, the moment I untie you, you will be forced to go outside as you are not invited in. And because you don't have a klairostone ring, you  will burn and die." Emy grimaced.

           (To be continued)
__________________________________

Hey guys....

I hope you liked this chapter. If you did, do vote and as I always say, don't forget to comment!

Your comments make my day. I am really happy to read them.

Bye until we meet in the next chapter.

With love,
Scorpio