Chapter:51

Seth was unconscious. But he could feel his pain. A train of memories passed through his brain, from the day he was born to until then.

His Father carrying him in his arms and rocking him to fall asleep....Nancy feeding him..... The other members of his pack running with him....His first shift to werewolf form....Meeting Emy and Kate for the first time....James coming to his school....He engraving on Kate.... Their first kiss....The night Kate and Emy were invited to their home... His father's unexpected action....Kate rejecting him....Her red face and teary eyes and her final kiss before leaving him in the ICU...... everything filled his mind.

But the last kiss gifted by Kate cured his broken heart and provided the heat that was necessary for his cold body. Suddenly he opened his eyes. His pain had vanished. He felt perfectly fine.

The nurses who were with him informed James and Kate that he had regained his consciousness. They barged into the room.

James hugged him while Kate stood silent. James left the both of them alone after enquiring about his health.

"Seth! I am so sorry. I shouldn't have-"  Kate couldn't complete her sentence.

"It's fine, Kate. It's not your fault. Did James yell at you or something?"Seth asked,fearfully.

"No... He didn't say anything rough to me. He was too miserable to do any such thing."

She paused and said,

" I was so broken and-----  I don't know how to say this but I can't even think of leaving your side, Seth."

Kate cupped his face in her palms and bursted into tears.

"Do you think I can?" Seth asked,pulling her to him and wrapping his arm tightly around her.

Kate kissed him feverishly. She was in a weird condition, a state of overjoy and overwhelmed. Her emotions were out of place. She suddenly bit his neck but in a soft manner. Seth was taken aback by this gesture.

"Did you just bite me?" Seth asked,puzzled.

"No, I bonded myself to you." Kate claimed.

"Seriously?" Seth was surprised.

Kate nodded her head smiling wide. Seth kissed her.

Bonding was the way in which a vampire kind of engraved on their mate. Though it's not as serious as engravement, some vampires did keep up that relation forever. But vampires like Neorah never considered that serious.

Seth was discharged from the hospital the next day. His test results were totally normal. Doctors were amazed at his fast recovery. They had no idea what was wrong with him.

Albert conducted a party at their home to celebrate Seth's rebirth. He apologized to Kate and everything went well with them. Albert was happy with the girls his boys found for themselves.

YEARS PASSED.

Life moved fast than they thought. Jacob and Neorah never came back to disturb them. As a result, Los Angeles was free from murders. Kate and the werewolves were happy about that too. School days were almost over. The final day - the graduation arrived.

"I am really nervous, Kate." Emy said, tapping her cheek with her cold nervous hands.

"Don't worry. Concentrate on your breathing." Kate suggested.

"I am trying. But it's not calming down my nerves." Emy muttered.

"May be I can help you with that." Someone voiced from behind.

"James!!!" Emy exclaimed.

James lifted her by her waist and kissed her forehead.

"How do you feel now?" He enquired in a sarcastic manner.

"Much better" Emy whispered.

Seth quietly went behind Kate and covered her eyes.

"I can smell a werewolf behind me." Kate muttered.

James and Emy let out a laugh.

Seth rolled his eyes and took off his hands from her face.

"Was this drama really necessary? You know I am a vampire,right?" Kate mocked.

"Of course I do. But this great vampire lady took a long time to realise that I am a werewolf." He mocked back.

Kate hit him playfully.

Just then the staff announced all the students to line up beside the stage.

"Holy crap!!! They will call my name any minute." Emy blurted out nervously, adjusting her cap and her coat.

James gestured her to inhale and exhale which was obeyed by her.

Just then her name was called out. She walked up on to the stage with all her confidence and received her certificate. Everyone gave her a huge applaud. She was so happy that tears escaped her eyes.

James, Kate and Seth came to where Emy was standing after receiving theirs.

Emy's Mother was there too. She had tears in her eyes.

"I am really proud of you my daughter." Lilly, Emy's mother stated.

Emy hugged her mom tightly.

"Mom, this is Kate and Seth, my best friends. And this is James,my boyfriend." Emy introduced them to her Mother.

Lilly smiled at them.

"I didn't know that my daughter found a boyfriend for her." Lilly complained.

Emy rolled her eyes.

"Anyway,happy to meet you all."
Lilly stated.

"And James,take good care of my daughter." She said looking at James.

"Sure,Mrs Haverford."  James replied.

"Call me Lilly, please." She corrected him.

James nodded a 'yes'.

"How is Peter, Mom?"  Emy asked her.

Peter was Lilly's boyfriend. She disliked him. He was the main reason why Emy chose to move away from her house.

"He is not interested in me anymore. He said that I am too old for him. I tried really hard to make him love me. But he left me when he found a new girl,young enough for him." Lilly wept.

"Oh Mom, I am so sorry. Why didn't you tell me about this?" Emy asked wiping the tears from her Mom's face.

"You had told me several times that he isn't good for me. But I never listened and picked him over you. I deserve this, Emy." Lilly mumbled.

"No, Mom! He is a jerk. He is the one who doesn't deserve you. Tell him to go rot in hell. You always have me. Don't worry." Emy comforted her Mom and hugged her.

" Emy, I bought an apartment here. I wanna stay with you and  take good care of you from now on." Lilly stated.

Emy stood wide-eyed.

"Mom, you could have informed me about this before." She responded.

"I wanted it to be a surprise." Lilly claimed.

Emy sighed.

"Lilly, we are having a party as part of graduation, at our house tonight. Will you join us?" James asked her.

"Sure! I would love to." Lilly agreed,smiling.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

         (To be continued)

I guess you all are happy that I didn't kill Seth 😄. So what do you think will happen at the party? I guess you are all ready for some adventures!!!

Anyways....Hit the star if you liked this chapter and share your thoughts in the comment section.

I really need your suggestions to improve. So please feel free to leave any queries or suggestions regarding my story....

Bye for now!!! Meet you all at the next part....

With love ❤,
~scorpio