Chapter:36

Max's POV.

I was born as a witch in a wealthy family. My parents and my little sister were my world. My family protected me inside a bond called love. I lived in a huge mansion with many maids to help me. Got the best dress made out of the finest fabric. I was well educated. I had the life which every child longed to have. I was so happy until he came into my life.
Jacob Livingstone.

Once a magic show was conducted in our town. I wanted  to watch it. So I got my father's permission to go and watch it with my maid, Laura. Jacob was the magician.  He was young and handsome. Any girl would have fallen for him. I watched him in awe when he did the tricks perfectly. At the end, all of us clapped signifying his perfection in magic.

While the other spectators left, I stood there to talk with him in private.

"Max, aren't you coming?" Laura asked.

"No. I need to talk to him." I replied.

I waited until he came out.

"Can you teach me magic? I can pay you whatever you ask." I told Jacob.

"Of course, I can teach you. But I don't need fees in return. You can come  to me from tomorrow onwards and I will start the lessons for you." He said back.

"Thank you, Sir." I thanked him.

"Please call me Jacob."he said.

I nodded in agreement.

"May I know your name please?"he asked after a pause.

"I am Margaret. But please call me Max. I prefer that." I answered.

"Okay, Max. See you tomorrow." He said and walked away.

I was so thrilled to learn magic. Witches did magic too. But we need to learn spells for every magic. And it was very hard for me to pronounce those spells. So I was interested in these local magic shows where tricks were used to hide objects and do other things instead of chanting spells with difficult words.

Next day I went along with Laura. I made her promise not to betray me to my father. She was loyal to me and my best companion since my childhood. I could always trust her with anything. We did many naughty things together.

As I walked in, Jacob called out,
"You are punctual and I do appreciate it."

I smiled and walked towards him. He showed me many tricks and asked me to do it after him. Days after, I learnt almost every trick he did. As a witch I did notice something weird when I touched him at certain instances. His hands were cold. And his canine teeth was longer than for usual human beings. When I asked about it to him,he avowed to me that he was a vampire. At first I was shocked. But later I understood that he meant no threat to human beings. He never fed on humans. He consumed only animal blood.

As days passed I realised that I had a deep affection towards him. I was falling for him. Day by day I felt my love for him being intense and irresistible.

One day, as we were practicing the tricks, I felt his body close to mine. Suddenly I experienced a chill through my spine. He kissed my cheek. I felt myself blushing in enthusiasm. I turned around to face him. He leaned closer. Our lips were only mere inches apart. And I wished so hard for him to kiss me. As soon as I shook off those thoughts from my mind, I witnessed his lips on mine. He kissed me passionately which I reciprocated with the same affection.

From then, things changed. I was so happy that my dream came true. He became my boyfriend. I wanted to be young and beautiful just like he was and never wanted death to part us. So I asked him to turn me. But he refused. At last, due to my constant pleading,he agreed with conditions. He wanted me to fulfil those conditions in order for him to turn me. I was ready to do anything for him. I wanted an eternal life with him.

But his conditions were more than I ever expected. He wanted me to steal precious gems and other valuables from my home. I wanted to refuse it. But I couldn't as I needed him to turn me. So I did it.

He made me do black magic for improving his powers. Although I knew it was a sin, I did it for him. Soon my father came to know that his valuables were stolen. He questioned every maid in our home whether they took it or not. Laura knew it was me. But she never told him. At last my father threatened the maids that if they didn't admit, he would fire every maid in our house. Laura didn't want that to happen. She knew that most of them didn't have a house of their own. So, she lied to my father that she did it. My father was furious with her for doing it. He treated her equal to his own daughters. He slapped her hard enough that she burst into tears. I couldn't bear it. She was my best friend who was loyal to me all those years. I stopped my father from beating her and disclosed to him that I was the thief.

"Father, I did it. Don't beat her,please."I pleaded him.

My father was shocked to hear that.

"I won't believe it,my princess. You will never do that. I know you are trying to cover up for her."he retorted pointing his index finger to Laura.

"No, Father. I am telling the truth. I did it. She is the one who is covering up for me." I replied tears streaming down my face.

"Why did you do it?" He questioned me.

I stood in silence. I didn't want him to know that I did it for the vampire I love.

"I asked you a question, Margaret. Answer me."he demanded.

"I did it for Jacob."I answered,shivering with fear.

"Who is he?" He roared.

"He is my boyfriend. He is a magician and he is not wealthy. So I gave him when he asked me."I mumbled crying.

"You fell in love with a magician?"he bellowed.

I looked down in shame and guilty.

"You are not worth to be my daughter anymore. Leave from here. Now. I don't want you to show your face to me anymore." He commanded and pushed me out of my home.

My mother,sister and Laura pleaded him to forgive me but he never listened. I went directly to Jacob. As soon as I saw him I hugged him and cried hard.

"What happened love? Why are you crying?"he asked concerned.

"Father found out that I stole the valuables and that I am in love with you. He punished me and told me not to return." I whimpered

"It's fine, sweetheart. Don't cry. I am there for you. I will take you to my home and protect you."he promised.

I was surprised by the sight of a huge mansion when he took me to his home.

"You live in a mansion?" I asked

"I sold the valuables you gave me and bought this mansion with that money. I knew you wouldn't be happy to live in a hut. So I did it. I wanted to make you happy always." He replied.

I was speechless by his reply. I hugged him tightly and cried out my happy tears. The inside of the mansion was beautiful. The furniture over there were better than those at my home. I really loved it.

__________________________________

        (To be continued)

Please vote and share your thoughts....