Chapter:23

James was startled by that sudden approach of hers. He felt like he was being melted by the heat provided by her kiss. He could hear his heartbeat syncing with hers. Slowly, his lips danced to the tune of hers.

After a couple of minutes, Emy felt the rise in his body temperature.

"You are burning," she complained.

James came back to his senses in shock. It was a full moon night that was nearing its midnight. He realized his werewolf side was waking up. He understood he needed to get out of there as soon as he can. He held her hand in his and walked out. Unfortunately, her condition made it difficult for her to walk. Her legs wobbled. Out of options, he carried her in his arms and rushed out. Finally, he reached somewhere quiet. He felt a strong pain throughout his body. All the tiny pores in his body expanded, allowing his thick fur to cover up. His gums ached, and he sensed his long canines. His eyes turned golden. He howled as his golden eyes met the full moon bright up in the sky.

His howl was loud enough to wake up Emy. She opened her eyes slowly and saw herself in the arms of an unknown creature. It was more than she could withstand in that pathetic condition. She fell unconscious due to her sudden fright.

James had no option but to take her to his home. He took her cautiously, managing himself to be unseen by someone. He knew that his father and brother would be somewhere deep in the jungle in their wolf form.

He placed her in his bed and covered her up with the blanket he had. He sat beside her and watched her face. He placed the strand of hair that was falling over her face behind her ears. A smile formed on her lips while he touched her.

The night passed really slow. She mumbled many things about James which made him feel like he was on cloud nine. Alas, the sun rays hit on him along with the chirping of birds indicating that it was the next day. He found himself naked and in human form. He rushed to get dressed before Emy woke up.

After some time, Emy woke up. She didn't have the slightest idea of where she was or what happened the previous night. Just then she saw James walking into the room.

"Look who is awake after a long time.", James mocked handing her a cup of coffee.

"Where am I?" she mumbled.

"It's my home," replied James.

"You brought me here yesterday?" she asked unbelievingly.

"What other choice did I have? I couldn't leave you like this. So I brought you here." he retorted.

"Your parents didn't have any objection in bringing a drunk girl in your home in the middle of the night?" she questioned.

"My father and brother went on a business trip. So I was alone yesterday," he answered.

"What about your mother?" she asked.

"She passed away a long time ago," he muttered.

Emy felt guilty for asking that.

"I am so sorry James. I didn't know that," said Emy glancing at his saddened face.

"It's fine," he replied.

She took a sip of the coffee and complimented, "it's so delicious."

James smiled and watched her enjoying the coffee.

"Do you remember anything that happened yesterday?" He asked breaking the silence.

Emy thought about it for some time.

"I am so sorry again. I was too drunk and I couldn't hold up my emotions," said Emy recollecting everything.

She was embarrassed. She didn't think that alcohol would do such a mean thing to her. James noticed her face. He sat beside her and cupped her face inside his palm.

"Emy, why did you hold up all this time?" He asked

"I didn't want to be rejected again," she replied.

He leaned in and placed a kiss on her lips. She was startled.

"I love you, Emerald Haverford," said James.

Emy blinked at him unbelievingly. James smiled staring into her eyes.
She placed the coffee mug on the table beside her and hugged him tightly.

"I love you too," she mumbled.

______________________________________

              (To be continued)

Author's note:

Hey friends,
Hope you enjoyed this chapter. The Empress of Darkness has received more than 500 votes. I really can't believe my eyes. It's because of you people I achieved this. Thanks a lot, guys. Love you all. See you next time.

Yours lovingly,
~scorpio.