Chapter:34

Jacob went outside as the boys started the procedures to burn her body. He knew that he didn't have anything else to do there. So he walked outside in relief that he finished his enemy and was free from her forever.

The boys grabbed the can of kerosene that was kept aside to pour on her body. But just as they were about to start,someone barged into the room. The boys stare at him in a questioning manner.

It was James. He yanked the boys by their neck and threw them on the floor. They fell hitting their body so hard that it made them weak to stand up. James went near Kate and pulled out the stake from her chest cautiously.

"Katherine?"he called out shaking her frozen body.

His eyes filled up with tears when there was no response from her. He understood that she was gone. But he knew that his brother would die from a broken heart if something happens to her. So he tried the one last option that might save her.

He dragged one of the boys near to her and bit his hand hard enough for blood to ooze from it. He then shoved it into Kate's mouth. To his surprise, she sucked up the blood with thirst even though she was unconscious. Her body started changing. The veins in her body went back to normal stage revealing her pale,beautiful skin.

The boy screamed in pain when Kate drank his blood and his friend gasped in fear seeing this. James was furious with them for hurting Kate. But he knew that they did all those out of the compulsion from Jacob and that they were innocent. James took away the boy's hand from Kate's mouth and compelled him to forget everything and walk out of the building. The boy obeyed as he was directed. He then went to the other boy and did the same. He obeyed him too.

"You are again messing up my plans."said a voice from behind.

James turned around to see Jacob  at the doorway. Jacob pounced upon James within a fraction of seconds and strangled  him. James struggled to free from his grip but it was futile. Jacob grabbed his neck with all his immense powers that it was impossible for James to free from it. He tried shifting into his werewolf form but there was no positive results.

"I am gonna rip your heart out,you irritating hybrid."he snarled.

"Stop it." Seth called aloud from behind.

Jacob turned around and grinned at Seth.

"It's a pleasure to meet the mate of my ex-wife. "Said Jacob releasing James from his grip.

James chocked and stood up.

"Jacob, your game is over."said Seth and shifted into his werewolf form.

James tried so hard to shift but he couldn't do it due to his vampire dominance. So he decided to attack Jacob in his vampire form. Seth charged upon Jacob but he moved away with his vampiric speed. James rushed to him with his same ability and held him tight. Seth came near him to rip off his heart. Jacob understood that it was the end of his life. He pushed the brothers away  with all the power he had and ran outside the building to protect himself from them.

Seth ran towards Kate. He was shocked at first to see her like that but was later relieved when he found her slow breathing.

"Thanks brother. If you were any late.."Seth began sobbing before he could complete his sentence.

James went near him and tapped on his shoulder.

"Don't worry, brother. Everything will be fine. Now we have to get her out of here and feed her enough blood to regain her consciousness." James suggested.

Seth nodded in agreement and carried her in his arms. As they were passing by the door,Kate's body burned due to the sunlight that hit her.

"Whats happening? Why is she burning?"asked Seth confused taking her back inside.