chapter:5

"Hey Kate," the stranger greeted.

Emy and Kate looked in the direction from where the voice was coming. They both exchanged a glance. That was the same guy who stared at Kate in the cafeteria.

"Hi..??" Kate mumbled, confused.

"I am Seth." He replied.

"Seth...??" Kate asked, puzzled.

"May I have a seat?" He asked.

"Yeah, sure" Kate replied.

"I have seen you before but never got a chance to talk to you." Seth shrugged his shoulders.

"Well..you got one now. So go on.", Emy said.

"You are Emerald right?" He enquired, glancing at her.

"Yeah. But you can call me Emy. I prefer that." Emy said back.

"Okay. Emy." He smiled at her.

"Can I ask you something?" Kate asked.

"Yes?" He glanced at her.

"Why were you staring at me at the cafeteria? Your stare actually frightened me." Kate said.

"Sorry for scaring you, first of all. I didn't mean to stare." He paused.

"My friends told me that they have never found someone as beautiful as you. But I didn't feel that you are worth to hear that sort of a compliment." Seth said in a serious tone.

"Are you saying that she is not beautiful?" Emy stared at him angrily.

"See, the real beauty lies within their heart. The outer beauty is something not valuable." He justified.

"Seth, from every boy I had seen before, you are different. And I appreciate your honesty. " Kate looked at him.

"But I really need to use the washroom real quick. So please excuse me." She said and stood up from her seat.

"Sure. I will wait" Seth gave a smile.

"Emy, just keep him company," Kate smirked.

"Yeah...I guess I will." Emy spoke back.

"Kate...why are doing this to me ?" Emy whispered.

"Have fun" She whispered back.

"I guess you pissed her off," Emy said, finally breaking the awkwardness between them.

"Emy, I was being honest. Let time reveal that she is beautiful from within. I will accept it then." He muttered.

"You are so rude..." Emy spat.

"Sorry. I can't help it. This is me." He grinned.

"So...you are alone?" She queried.

"Yeah," he said.

They talked about random things for a long time. But Kate never showed up.

"Seth, it's been a while since Kate went to the washroom. I should probably go and check out on her." Emy said, worried.

"Yeah sure, see you later." He waved his hand at her.

"Bye" she waved back.

Just then someone screamed on top of their voice.

"What was that?" She questioned.

"Let's find out." He replied.

Everyone ran to the car porch from where the scream originated. There, they saw a dreadful sight. One of their colleagues was lying down, her body covered in blood.

                                 (To be continued)