Chapter:19

" I came to know that vampires are lurking around in our city. And one of them is studying here, where my brother, who is a werewolf and the natural enemy of the vampire, is studying," answered James.

Seth didn't utter a word. Yes, he is a werewolf. But he didn't want to kill Kate after hearing about her dreadful past. He didn't want to kill someone innocent, even if it was a vampire.

"Are you deaf? Why are you not saying anything?" questioned James.

"I don't want to kill her. She is innocent. She is not the one behind these murders." Seth said with a firm expression.

"Seth, you are a werewolf. Your prime duty is to kill vampires. You should be dutiful to your pack. "

"I was dutiful to my pack all this time. I was gonna kill her. But after hearing her past, it's impossible for me to do that. I am sorry, brother."Seth answered.

"You are irresponsible. After all, she is a monster who feeds on human blood. And you are showing mercy on that bitch?" Questioned James.

"Do whatever you want. I won't kill her," said Seth.

Just then Emy stepped in between them. She stared at James and Seth at the same time unaware of what was happening between them. They both looked in her direction.

The way Seth looked at Emy was enough for James to understand that he had feelings for her.

"Hey", said Emy.

"Hey," Seth said back.

She gave James a smile and stared at Seth like," who the hell is he?"

James understood her look and introduced himself.

" I am James Stevenson."

"Wait, you two have the same surname?" Emy asked confused.

"He is a distant relative of mine," Seth answered suddenly eyeing James.

"Yeah, that's true," James said.

"I guess I haven't seen you here before. Are you new here?" She asked

"Yeah, I was in  Manhattan. I came here two days ago. So I took admission here." answered James.

"Emy,let's go",said Seth.

"I will catch up with you later, James," Seth said to James and went with Emy.

While walking through the corridor, Emy said to Seth,

"He looks almost like you."

"Many people have said that," Seth answered trying to sound casual.

Many days later at the cafeteria.

"Who is this new guy?" asked Leydah to Emy.

"He is Seth's relative, James,"Emy answered.

"Well, speaking of Seth, I have a question." Said Sera.

"What is it?" Asked Emy.

"Are you guys dating?" she asked

Leydah and Kate looked at Emy with curiousness for her answer. Although Kate had several things in her head, Emy's sudden hangouts with Seth were never unnoticed by her.

"Nooooo. We are just friends..." Emy answered startled at the question.

"Hmm...You are hanging out too much with him. That's why such a thought came into my head. " Said Sera.

"He doesn't have any friends here. That's why I hang out with him to give him company." Emy replied.

After they had their chit-chats, they walked to their classes. Kate had french. The teacher was on leave. So she had a free time. She walked to the school ground following the cool breeze sliding past her. Nature looked much soothing to her. The rustle of leaves...the buzzing of bees around the colorful flowers, made her feel relieved from all the stress she was undergoing.

Meanwhile, at the other end of the school ground, Seth sat on a bench thinking about James's arrival. He knew James won't return until he completes his need. He understood Kate is in a dangerous situation now. Just then Seth felt someone sat beside him. He looked to his side and saw James staring at the blue sky.

"You like her, don't you?" asked James.

"Yes," he replied.

"What was her name?" asked James.

"Emerald."

"Did you engrave on her?"

"No."

"Why?"

"I am not sure about her. What if she considers me as just a friend?"

"I don't think so."

Seth eyed James in a surprised expression.

"Why did you say so?" asked Seth.

"Her eyes had it in her. She loves you, Seth. "

A smile bloomed on his lips. He loved her. But he never knew she had the same feeling.

" What have you decided about what I told you the other day?" asked James interrupting Seth's thoughts.

"I don't get it"answered Seth, puzzled.

"About that vampire, Katherine."

"I told you before, I won't kill her."

"Well, if you won't do that, I need to do it for our pack. I can't be an irresponsible idiot like you."

"James, don't do it. She is innocent." Seth pleaded.

" Who cares? She is a vampire." James spat.

That was when they saw her walking alone on the ground. There was no one else around. So James realized that it was the best opportunity to put an end to her life.

"I guess it's time, brother." James sneered.

"James, no." Seth tried to stop him. But it was a futile attempt. James pushed him away and ran towards her. Seth understood that he had no option left. He can't save Kate's life in any way. His brother was way stronger than him. He couldn't fight him.

"I have only one option left to save her life." thought Seth.

Just then James felt that. He stopped running and turned back to look at Seth. Seth's eyes were golden in color. His hairs were rising like he had an electric shock.

James ran back to Seth. He shook Seth by his shoulders and yelled,

"No, Seth...... Don't do it please."

______________________________________

Author's note:

Due to one of my reader's requests, I decided to update another chapter, and that too, a long one. Hope you enjoyed it. I will update the next part as fast as I can. Until then, bye.

Yours lovingly,
Scorpio.