chapter:2

Days passed. Emy and Kate became good friends. Kate started to sit with Emy and her friends during lunchtime. But the only problem was that Kate ate nothing besides her personal drink.

Kate was actually from Moscow. Her parents died recently because of a car accident. Her aunty was in Los Angeles. And that was why she came here.

Emy was from London. Her parents were divorced. Her father left her and her mother minding his own business as soon as they were divorced.

Now her mother has another boyfriend. And she thought it would be a better idea to leave them on their own. That was the reason she came to Los Angeles in middle school.

One day, after coming from school, Emy saw another person in the room with Kate.

"Emy, this is Max. My friend." Kate introduced.

"Hi, Max."Emy greeted.

"So you are, Emerald." Max gave her a smile.

"Yeah. And you can call me Emy." Emy said.

"Yeah, Emy. Nice meeting you." Max said back.

"Well Emy, we were planning to go out and have a drink. See you later," said Kate.

"Oh okay. Bye Kate. Bye Max" Emy waved her hand at both of them.

Something about Max didn't feel right for Emy. She was pale like Kate and blonde-haired. She felt like Max's eyes had were scanning her the entire time.

Kate didn't return that day. The next morning Emy was woken up by the knock on her door. It was Kate.

"Where were you last night?" Emy questioned.

"I was at Max's house. You know, I was too drunk. So I thought it would be better if I stayed there." Kate grimaced.

"If matron ever comes to know of this, she will give you nice," Emy mentioned.

"I believe you won't betray me," Kate said with a sarcastic tone.

"Sure,I won't." Emy winked at her.

"Let me get ready for school now," Kate said.

"But you look so tired. Your eyes are red. Just take a leave for today and sleep well." Emy suggested.

"No, it's fine. I will come. I am good" Kate replied.

Emy saw the newspaper on the floor in front of her room. She turned through the pages and stood shocked seeing the scary news.