chapter:16

"Kate, are you sure that you want to go there?" asked Max

"Yes," I replied with a stern look on my face.

"Why?"

"Max, my personal belongings...I left all of them there. I need to get it back. Moreover, I have a vampire to kill." Kate replied with a grimace.

"Jacob is more powerful than you. It's dangerous."

"Max, I have lost everything. I have no more to lose except my life. So I don't care whether he is strong or not. He killed my parents. As a daughter, I am supposed to kill him in return." I yelled with fury.

After a while reached the mansion. The door was open. Max and I went inside. The maids were staring at us in fear. I went near one of the maids and said,

" I want to see Jacob. Is he here?"

"Mr. Livingstone left town. He said he won't be back for a while." the maid replied shivering.

"Ahh...This wasn't what I want to here and I am feeling thirsty." I gave a loud laugh and sank my fangs into her neck. Human blood was indeed delicious. I killed almost every maid there. I was extremely furious that I couldn't control myself.

Just then I heard a voice from upstairs.

"Look who is back after a long time."

I went to the spot where she was standing with my newly gained vampire speed.

"Nice to see you again, Anna." I grinned.

"Katherine, I am a vampire now. You can't kill me." Anna said with confidence.

"Is that what Jacob told you?" I asked her.

She was puzzled. I pinned her to the wall within a fraction of seconds.

"Anna, I guess you are wrong." I let out an evil laugh. I inserted my hands into her chest and took her heart out with all my might. She turned all grey, like a centuries-old tree trunk that was rotten.

Her heartbeat for some time in my palm. I crushed it with all the rage burning inside me.

After that incident, I went to meet the royals with Max. I saw the enthusiastic look in Max's eyes when she met Aiten.

The royals made me do many things to figure out the ability I had. After a long effort, they found that I have shadow control. I can control the shadow of my opponent, who is either a human or a vampire of my same level or a lower level than mine.

I stayed there, at Max's place, expecting Jacob's return. But he never came back. From then, I started chasing after him. But he escapes every time. So I have decided that I won't let him slip off my hands again. I need to kill him.

That's my story.

{End of Kate's POV}

______________________________________

(To be continued)