Chapter:27

She was really mad at James for hiding all these. She walked through the hallway thinking of everything that happened between James and her. Everything James said to her flashed inside her mind. She figured out that James compelled her to love Seth. He pushed her to make her move when he knew Seth had engraved on Kate. She realised that the sweet side of James she saw was fake. He was a killer. He tried to kill her best friend. She couldn't digest those  thoughts. Suddenly her eyes met another pair of eyes which she was longing to see. James was right in front of her. He was smiling at her like nothing ever happened. She wanted to slap him but she clenched her fist into a ball and tried to calm down herself.

"Hey sweety." said James touching her cheek.

His touch used to wake up her romantic feelings but then all she felt was hatred and disgust.

She tried to fake a smile. James felt that something was unusual then.

"Whats up with the gloomy face?"he asked.

"Why couldn't Jacob compel you?"she asked back.

"I don't know. May be he didn't try."he replied

"Was it not because you have the same power?"she questioned.

He was dumbstruck.

"Emy, what are you saying? I don't understand." He tried to play dumb.

She pulled out the vervain pendent from her pocket and showed it to him.

"Don't you still understand what I am saying?"she snapped.

He glanced at it and looked at her in silence. He understood that Emy heard everything he said and knew everything.

"From where did you get this?"he enquired.

"Kate gave it to me for self protection." she answered.

He was embarrassed and couldn't look in her eyes.

"James. Stop this silence. I know what you are."she muttered.

"Do you hate me for what I am?" he asked looking away.

"I don't have you for what you are. But I do hate you for what you did."she retorted.

"And what did I do?"he enquired.

"What did you do? You wanna know what you did?" She paused and stared into his eyes in hatred.

"First, you tried to kill my best friend. Second, you compelled me to fall for Seth even though you knew he engraved on Kate."she yelled.

"I had my reasons for doing that."he replied.

"Oh really? Do you think it's fair to compel someone and make them love a person after being so sure that this particular person gets rejected? Do you know how much it hurts?"she questioned tears of anger streaming down her face.

"Look Emy, I am so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I had to protect my brother from a vampire. It was because of me that he engraved her when he loved you. I wanted to help him. And I was really guilty when I saw how heartbroken you were. That's why I engraved you. I wanted to comfort you. I wanted to be there for you. I wanted you make you happy."he replied.

"Are you done speaking? "

He remained silent.

"You are right. It's because of you all these mess took place. It's because of you Seth is leading his unhappy life. You broke my heart. You are responsible for everything. And I would never forgive you for trying to kill my best friend. Do you have any idea what she went through her whole life? She never wanted to be a monster. It was her fate. She is trying hard to kill the one responsible for all these bloodshed. And you tried to kill her without knowing anything. " She bursted out.

"I know. I made a mistake. And I would do anything to make it right. I promise you I would never ever try to harm her. Please Emy. Forgive me. I am so sorry."he pleaded

"Sorry isn't going to change anything. I would never forgive you. And it's over. Everything between us is over." she retorted.

______________________________________

(To be continued.)

Please vote and comment.