Chapter:26

Jacob was startled to hear this.

"You are a hybrid?"he questioned.

"Yes."James replied

"Who are your parents?"Jacob enquired.

"My Father is Albert Stevenson."he answered

"And your Mother?"he asked again

"Neorah" James said fighting back his rage as he muttered her name.

"Hmm....Let me guess. You are Alex's grandson,aren't you?" asked Jacob

"Yes. And I have more than enough strength to rip your head off your body." James retorted.

Jacob chuckled and mocked,

"Well...Try your luck, baby boy."

"Surely, I will. But not now. Live your life until I take off that head from your body. And don't you dare to lay a hand on her. She is mine." James snarled and walked out of the class.

He saw Emy pale in fright. He understood that she heard the entire conversation both of them had. He held her by her shoulders and stared into her eyes. She looked up in confusion.

She saw his pupils dilating and constructing ,just like she saw in Jacob. She understood that he was trying to compel her.

"Forget whatever you saw or heard. Mr. Walters asked you about the reason for Kate's absence and let you go. That's all you remember." He compelled.

Emy nodded her head in agreement as she stared into his eyes. James walked away to free his mind from the awful encounter he just had. As soon as he walked away, Emy took out the vervain pendant Kate gave her from the pocket of her jeans.

"Trying to compel me, huh?" Emy thought to herself as rage dominated her.

She couldn't sleep that night. She turned and tossed in bed to come up with a perfect plan to know the truth. Finally she decided to clear this with Seth.

Next day she went in search of Seth as soon as as she reached school. She found him at the terrace which was a quiet and perfect place to discuss what she was intending to say.

"Hey"she greeted.

"Hey. You are early today."he stated

"Yes,I am." she said back.

Seth felt a negative aura radiating from her. He knew that something was not on track.

"Whats up, Emy?He asked.

"What?"she asked back

"Something is on your mind. I know that. Just spill it."he told her.

"Fine. Why didn't you tell me that James was a hybrid?"she questioned.

Seth was taken aback by her question.
But he tried to play dumb.

"James was what?" He asked

"Seth, I will smack you if you lie. I know you know everything." Emy retorted.

Seth gave up and answered,

"Okay. I am sorry for not telling you."

"I don't want your sorry. " She yelled at him.

Seth stood in silence. After a while, Emy was off her temper and apologised him,

"Sorry. I was burning out of my anger."

"It's totally fine. By the way how did you came to know all these?"

She explained everything that happened between Jacob and James and how she managed to hear everything.

"So, Jacob is here?"asked Seth.

"Yes." She replied.

"I see. " He muttered.

After a pause,he said,

"Emy, let me tell you everything."

"Go on. I need to know everything." she demanded.

"First of all, James is my elder brother."

"What? Why didn't you tell me that before?"

"Because, I knew he would do something insane. And I didn't want you to hate me because of something my brother did. That's why I told you that he is my relative."

"Wait, does that mean you are a hybrid too?"

"No, I am a werewolf. Though our Father is same, we are born to different mothers. " He paused and continued,

"My father is a werewolf. He had a relationship with a vampire. She was his mother. She couldn't take the responsibility of growing a child. So she left him and my Father and eloped with Henry,who was another member of our pack. James was 3 years then. Later my Father met my mother, Ella. She was a werewolf. He engraved on her. She loved James and took care of him like his own mother. When he was 10, she passed away while giving birth to me. That was a shock for him. He left us and went to my aunt who lived in Manhattan. I was raised by my Father and he by our aunt. Since his mother left, James hated vampires. So he  chose to take his dominant side as a werewolf and killed every vampire he saw."

"Why did James come here?"

"Actually I was given the task to kill Kate by our pack . We came to know that the vampire was a student here. So I joined here. Within no time I realised that it was Kate. But after Nina's murder, I became sure that she was not the one behind the murders. That's why I told you that she was killed by a vampire. I wanted you to find out that she was a  vampire. But when you told me the whole story about her past, I wanted to rescue her.  James was furious as I refused to kill her. So he tried to kill her at school one day. I knew how heartbroken you would be if something happens to Kate and I had no options to save her. So I engraved on her to protect her from him."

"James tried to kill her?"she asked shocked.

"Yes. "

Emy couldn't believe her ears. Her boyfriend tried to kill her best friend. That was more than she could bear. She felt like slapping him.

After a while,she asked,

"What does this engrave thing mean?"

"It's a kind of bond. When a werewolf engrave on someone,he/she consider that person as his/her mate. They should protect them from every danger. And when a werewolf engraves on someone, no other werewolf is supposed to engrave them or attack them. That's our rule." He replied.

"So,did you engrave on her just  because you know I would be heartbroken if something happens to her?"she asked,puzzled.

"Yeah."he said.

"Was it not because you loved her?"

"I never loved her, Emy. I always loved you. And I wanted you to be happy. So I did it." he replied

She was dumbstruck to hear that.

"You loved me?"she asked baffled.

"Yeah. But it was a long time ago. "He sighed.

"Did James knew you loved me?"
She queried.

"Yeah. I did tell him and he encouraged me to engrave on you. But I didn't know whether you loved me or saw me as just a friend. So I waited because I didn't want to ruin the friendship between us." He explained.

"When did you engrave on her?"she asked

"A few days before I told you that I love her."he replied.

She was aghast. That was when she realised that James was playing with her. He purposefully told her to confess her feelings to him  even after he knew Seth engraved on Kate. Emy was broken. She never expected this from James.

"Seth, thank you for informing me all these. I should go now."she walked away even before hearing Seth's reply.

______________________________________

                 (To be continued)