Chapter:35

James was suddenly startled by Max's reaction. He never thought she would recognise that.

"Max, let me explain. Don't freak out please." Emy pleaded getting in middle of them.

Max waited patiently to hear what she had to say.

"He is a hybrid." Emy answered.

"A what?"asked Max,shocked.

"My Father is a werewolf and my mother is a vampire." James replied

Max stood there in shock. Emy was confused to see Max like that.

"Max?"she tapped her shoulder.

"That's impossible. Vampires are not supposed to have a relationship with a werewolf. That's the law of our Royals."Max retorted.

James and Emy looked at each other puzzled.

"Who is your mother?" asked Max after a pause.

"Her name is Neorah." he replied.

"Neorah?"she asked unbelievingly.

James nodded.

"Max, is she Aiten's mate?"asked Emy remembering the story Kate told her.

"Yes." Max replied.

"What if she is one with the same name and not the same person?" suggested James.

"Yeah,that's a possibility."agreed Emy.

"No. She is the same Neorah." Max said.

"How can you be so sure about that?"questioned James

"Because Aiten killed every other vampire who had the same name. So I am sure only she is left. But, wait a minute. Do you have any picture of your mother with you?"enquired Max.

"Yeah, I guess. Let me check it."replied James.

Soon he was back with a picture of Neorah. He handed it to Max for her to take a close look. Max stared at the picture and nodded her head.

"Are they both the same person?" James enquired.

"Unfortunately yes." Max replied.

James's face was suddenly sad. Emy noticed this. She placed her hand on his shoulder.

"Why did she leave Aiten?"asked James.

"She is a bitch, James. She only cares for her lust." Max replied truthfully.

"Max, she is his mother. Please mind your language." Emy whispered to Max seeing the pain in James's face.

"Oh, I am sorry. I didn't think about it." Max apologized.

"It's fine. I don't care about her anymore. Ella was the one who took care of me when I needed a mother. So she is my mother.Please continue. I wanna know about what happened between Aiten and her." James replied.

"She was Aiten's mate. He loved her more than himself. But later he caught her in his friend, Apollo's bed. When he questioned her about that she retorted that she preferred Apollo than Aiten. He was heartbroken when he heard this. So he switched off his humanity and killed Apollo. He also commanded Neorah to leave the Dark Army. Since then Aiten killed every vampires who had their names as Neorah." Max explained.

"I think she came to the pack when she was thrown out from the Dark Army." Emy suggested.

Both James and Max nodded in agreement.

"Is Seth a hybrid too?" asked Max.

"No, he is a werewolf. Though we both share the same Father,we are born to different mothers." answered James.

"He is a werewolf?"questioned Max.

Emy and James nodded in agreement.

"Max,promise me you won't tell Kate about all these." Emy pleaded.

"No, I wont. You can trust me." assured Max.

"But if you wolves ever dare to touch her, I swear I will kill you." Max glared at James.

"The werewolves will never hurt her. I promise you." James ensured her.

"How can I trust you?"queried Max.

"Seth has engraved on Kate. So no werewolf will ever hurt her." Emy answered.

"What?"Max asked back unbelievingly.

"It happened, Max." James replied.

"When?"she enquired.

"At first I didn't know Jacob was behind these murders in Los Angeles. I thought it was Kate. With my hatred for vampires and my responsibility to protect the people as a werewolf, I tried to kill her. But Seth engraved on her at the right time which prevented me from doing it." James explained.

Max rushed to him like a lightning and pinned him to the wall.

"You tried to kill my best friend? How dare you?" Max snarled.

James struggled to free himself from her strong grip.

"Max,he did it unknowingly. And he was so guilty when he came to know this." Emy replied pulling Max to release him.

"Max, I had received enough punishment from her." James said pointing towards Emy.

"Please don't hurt me more." He pleaded, tears rolling down his eyes.

" You know how much Kate is important to me. I just got furious when I heard that. I am so sorry." Max apologized hugging him releasing her grip from his throat.

They had their random talks until Emy brought up that question ,the answer to which, Max never wanted to remember.

"Max, how did you turn into a vampire?"asked Emy

Max's face fell suddenly. Her heart ached when she thought about that. Her mind was welling up with rage.

"You really wanna know?"Max asked back.

Emy and James nodded with curiosity. Suddenly his face appeared in Max's mind. The person who made her life miserable. The person who turned her. The person who killed her.
Jacob Livingstone.

__________________________________

                 (To be continued)

Please vote and share your thoughts....