Chapter:20

"Why did you do that?" asked James, with fury burning inside him.

Seth stood silently. James shook him again.

"Tell me, Seth, why did you engrave on Katherine?"."James ordered.

"Because I had no other options to save her." roared Seth.

He paused for a second and then continued." Now, no werewolf will ever dare to touch her. She is mine. Only mine."

Saying this, Seth walked away. James didn't expect his brother to do such a reckless thing. He was guilty of what he did. That's when Emy came into his mind. He knew Seth had feelings for Emy. He was sure that Seth loved Emy more than Kate. Although werewolves engraved only on one person in their lifetime, he had a feeling that Seth would break his engravement from Kate and re-engrave on Emy, as he loved her more. Seth engraved on Kate because of his situation. James made up his mind to make Emy confess to Seth. That was the only possibility left behind.

That evening, as Emy walked back to her room, she thought about what Leydah asked before. She did feel that Seth was her good friend. He was someone important in her life. But she never thought that was love. She was confused. Just then, someone called her from behind. She turned to see James staring at her.

"Hey" she greeted.

"Hey, do you mind having a word with me?" he asked.

"Sure, we can talk. What is the matter?' asked Emy.

"Are you and Seth dating?" James enquired.

Emy was nervous again.

"Why do you ask that?" She asked.

"I heard certain rumors like that. So I just enquired," he replied.

Although Emy managed to lie in front of her friends, it was hard for her to lie to James. His eyes were penetrating hers. She made up her mind to reveal the truth to him.

"James, I actually don't know. I am confused. He is my friend..No...My best friend. But I feel that he is someone important in my life. I don't know if this is what is love because I have never been in love. Can you help me out in this?" She replied.

"Hmm...I can't help you. But I can guide you. There is a way to find out if we truly love a person or just consider that person as a friend." said James.

"What is it?" she asked, excited.

"Picture in your mind that you are kissing him. If you enjoy it, it's love. If you don't, then he is your best friend." he answered.

"Okay. I will try it out tonight," she said and walked to her boarding.

James was happy that his plan was going in the correct direction. He never thought that this would be that easy. He was sure that if he somehow manages to make Emy confess her feelings to Seth, he will take away his engravement from Kate.

Emy did as James instructed after reaching her room. She really enjoyed that moment. She realized that she had feelings for Seth. She was thankful to James for giving her that wonderful idea.

But from the next day, she saw a complete change in Seth's behavior. He never came near her. He always tried to avoid her. She didn't know why he did that. She thought that he might have some personal issues. So, she waited for him to come to her. But when she realized that he was spending more time with Kate, she was angry and jealous. She felt desperate.

In the meanwhile, James and Emy became good friends. So she told him those things. Although he understood the reason for Seth's sudden change of behavior, he remained silent.

"Okay. I think this is going out of your hands. You need to confess your feelings to him before he falls for Kate." he advised.

The way James spoke kind of hypnotized her. She felt like she needed to listen to him. She made up her mind to confess Seth about her feelings the very next day.

______________________________________

                 (To be continued)

Author's note:

Hey readers, Scorpio here.
I wanted to thank you all again for your wonderful support. This story has received more than 900 reads and more than 400 votes. It's something really amazing for me. I never thought this story would be such a success within this short time. I am out of words for thanking you people. You make my day. So, once again thanks to all for being my support in this journey called 'The Empress of Darkness'.

Yours,
Scorpio.