Chapter:50

Albert was frozen for a minute. He stared at his son aghast.

"I told you. I am nothing like Neorah. And I am not a vampire. I am a hybrid. I left your side because you never cared for me. You never even talked to me. You treated me more like your servant. You should have thought how I felt when my mother eloped with a stranger,leaving me here with you. It broke my heart. I was shattered. And then my new Mom stepped into my life. She loved and cared for me. I  was so happy being with her. And then she died,pushing me into the darkness again. I couldn't stand it. That's why I left from here."

He paused and continued,

" But I am not the reason why your son engrave on her. I was gonna kill her. Do you have any idea about that?"

He paused again.

"So, if you dare to compare me with that mother of mine, I swear, I will rip your throat out." James retorted.

Albert was shocked to hear this from James. Tears pooled down his eyes. He hugged James tightly and said,

"I am sorry, my son. I should have known. I failed to be a good father. I thought you were like her. But I was wrong. You are nothing like her. Forgive me,son."

Albert broke out into tears. He sobbed loudly.

"Dad, I am sorry. I didn't mean any of that. And you never failed to be a good Father." James said,wiping his tears away.

Seth convinced his father that he knew Katherine well and that he was sure she will never betray him.

"If you are so sure about that,then I don't really have a problem with it. All I want is you to be happy. I cannot stand it if you suffer from my same fate. That's why I told you to back off from her." Albert explained.

"Let me give her a call. She must be freaking out." Said Seth and walked out of the house to speak privately.

The phone ringed. But there was no answer from Kate. So he called Emy.

-"Seth?" Emy called out.

"Emy,where are you now?"Seth asked.

-"I just reached my room."

"Is Kate there?"

-"No she hasn't come yet."

"She is not picking up her phone. "

-" I will let you know when she comes. By the way, how did Nancy understand that she is a vampire?."

"Emy, she is a witch."

-" Oh my gosh!"

"Yeah. Anyway  I have figured things out with Dad and he is ok with everything."

-"That's great. Anyway, I will let you know when she comes."

"Okay,Bye."

-"Bye."

He hung the call and called Kate again. This time it went directly to voice message.

-"Kate, where are you?" He sent the message.

But there was no reply for that message. Seth kept sending her messages which were not replied back. He was stressed.

He went back to his home. Albert and James noticed his face and understood that something wasn't right.

"What happened?" Albert enquired.

"Kate is avoiding my calls. I guess she is angry with me." Seth replied.

"Its my fault. I will apologize to her." Albert said.