chapter: 9

Emy was shivering. Her eyes revealed she was almost dead due to fear. Kate, too, understood Emy's current emotion and released her grip from Emy's neck. She stepped back and let out an enormous sigh. As soon as Kate did that, Emy burst into tears. Kate felt hatred towards herself for losing her temper.

"Emy, I didn't mean to hurt you. I am really sorry for losing my temper. I know you hate ...." before Kate could complete her sentence, Emy hugged Kate tightly.

" I thought you would kill me. But I was wrong," said Emy in between her sobs.

"I will never do that to you. You are my best friend here."Kate said back tears streaming down her cheeks.

" Then why did you kill those innocent people?"

"Emy, it wasn't me. I am not the one who killed them."

"What? Then who did it? Was it Max?" Asked Emy.

"Oh no, not at all. She doesn't even drink blood like the way I do. She controls a lot."

"Then who is it?"

"It's someone you don't know. His name is Jacob Livingstone."

"Who is he?"

"He was my husband."

Emy stared at her unbelievingly.

"Your husband?"

"Yes."

"You are married?"

"Yes, a long time ago."

"Tell me about it."

"Sure."

______________________________________

Kate's POV
___________

I was born as the only daughter of  Samuel Mortimer and Elizabeth Mortimer. I lived a happy and luxurious life. My life met its turning point when Jacob Livingstone stepped into my life. He was a rich and handsome guy with blonde hair and dazzling brown eyes. I fell for him since the first time I met him. He said his parents died in a boat accident and we believed him blindly. After marriage, he provided me a more luxurious life. I was extremely happy. There were many maids to take care of everything in that mansion. I was free the entire time. But there were two things I didn't understand there. One, why every maid was wearing a scarf around their neck. It was like a uniform. The same colored scarf around everyone's neck. Second, why Jake didn't eat or drink anything in my presence. We never had breakfast,  lunch, or dinner together.

After many days,  one night I saw his real face. The veins under his eyes were swelled up and his eyes were blood red. He had long fangs. I wasn't afraid of that monster in him because he told me not to be afraid. I didn't know why I listened. It was like he was hypnotizing me. I obeyed everything he said. Suddenly, his fangs thrust into my neck. He sucked my blood greedily. I felt the agony but I couldn't cry or scream. I was silenced by his compulsion. After having enough of my blood, he looked into my eyes and said, "forget everything you saw and felt now. You won't remember any of this incident tomorrow. You are sleepy now. Just sleep tightly."

I didn't know what happened. I wasn't sleepy. But I slept like an obedient child.

______________________________________
                                      (To be continued)