Chapter:44

"What?" Leydah asked unbelievingly.

"It's true. I am a vampire. But unlike him, I don't suck blood directly from someone's vein and leave their body to decompose on its own. I buy blood from blood bank and drink them. You can ask Emy if you wish. I have a whole rack in my cupboard filled with cans of blood to quench my thirst." Kate spat

"Stop it Katherine. I might have fed on that person when I was unable to control my thirst. But I was not the one who killed Sera. I swear that. She was my friend too. How could I do something like that?" James retorted.

Leydah and Christen looked at each other in confusion. The police officer was annoyed by all the drama taking place in front of him. He held James's hand and locked them with handcuffs. Seth charged towards the police officer and yelled at him,

"Take your hands off my brother. You can't take him."

"I am sorry. But I am afraid I have to go against you." He walked forward pushing Seth out of his way.

Suddenly Seth's eyes turned golden and his breathe became faster. Everyone stared at him in shock except James and Emy. They knew what was gonna happen next.

"Seth!!!! No!!!" Both of them yelled in unison.

Seth shifted from his form into a giant wolf and let out a growl facing the police officer. He trembled in fear. He quickly unlocked the handcuffs and released James.

Kate was shocked to know that Seth was a werewolf. Rage dominated her and she charged towards him revealing her vampire face. As she was about to bite him, Emy got in her way and pushed her with every strength she had. Kate was furious with Emy for getting in her way. She caught her by her neck and pinned her to the wall. Emy gasped for breath. Seeing this Seth and James rushed to her, pushing Kate away and rescuing Emy from her clutches.

Kate was startled to see the brothers approaching her with fury burning in their eyes. She understood that she couldn't beat them. She rushed out of the room with her vampiric speed.

That was when Seth realised what he just did. He just tried to attack his mate to save his brother as his best friend. He knew Kate would never forgive him. He felt a deep pain in his heart. He ran away from there as fast as he could.

Emy and James looked around and saw many eyes peeping into the principal's room due to the loud noises. He glanced at Emy unknowing what to do. He was sure that everyone knew about their paranormal secrets.

"Compel everyone, James." Emy muttered in a low voice.

He ran with his vampire speed and closed the main door of the school to ensure that no one would leave the school. He compelled everyone who watched the entire drama. James and Emy came out of the school. He was tired from compelling everyone and was too thirsty.

"James, are you alright?" She asked cupping his face.

"Yeah, I am fine, sweetheart. I am a bit tired." He replied and gave a quick peck on her lips.

She suddenly remembered what Leydah told the police officer.

"James,don't you think something's wrong somewhere?" She asked him.

"Yeah I do think so. And it happened days before which means they knew it all the while and was quiet." He replied.

"Exactly. And Leydah didn't see Seth while she saw you feeding on that person. "Emy paused for a second and then added,

"Do you think Kate has something to do with this?"

"I don't know Emy. I am kinda puzzled right now. And I need to find my brother before he does something insane from a broken heart. He will definitely be so broken now. " James answered.