chapter:4

"What? He has been staring at you?" Emy asked, surprised.

"Yeah" Kate nodded.

"Well, I don't think it's a big fault. You know, you are really beautiful. So it's natural." Emy grimaced.

"Oh..please Emy. I am fed up with hearing this." Kate rolled her eyes.

Just then, someone tapped Emy's shoulder.

"Hey Emy" he called.

"Hey, Derek" Emy replied.

"Emy, I have arranged a party at my home tonight. You must come ok? We will enjoy." Derek invited her.

"Sure, I will come. And Derek, this is Katherine." Emy introduced.

"Hey, Katherine." He greeted.

"Please, call me Kate." She said, smiling.

"Oh ok, Kate, you must also come." He said.

"Fine, I will be there." She replied, smiling.

After school, they went for shopping to buy party wear.

"Kate, you should eat something at least when you go to the party," Emy said sternly.

"Let's think about that when we reach there." Kate snapped.

"Kate, I always wanted to ask you something."

"What's it Emy?"

"What's that drink you always drink? I had never seen it before." Emy looked at her with doubtful eyes.

"It's a kind of drug actually," Kate said and sighed after some time.

"It helps me to forget my past and be happy." She mumbled.

"Kate, I know. What happened to you is more than what anyone can bear. But you must move on. You must learn to forget the past and live in the present." Emy suggested.

" I am trying really hard Emy. But it's not that easy." Kate muttered.

"I will help you with it. First of all, you must control yourself from drinking that and eat something healthy." Emy placed her hand on her shoulder.

"I don't feel the taste of anything else other than that. " Kate justified.

"Oh my God. That nasty thing has done so much damage to your taste buds. " Emy paused.

"Fine, we can leave now. Let's talk about this later." Emy continued observing Kate's gloomy face.

"Are you not calling Sera and Leydah?" asked Kate.

"Sera is going with Christen and Leydah is going with Mike," Emy replied.

"So it's just the two of us then?" She queried.

"Don't worry, you will see yourself surrounded by a lot of boys there." Emy mocked.

"Come on, I am not gonna let them be around me OK?" Kate smirked.

"Fine, let's go." Emy grinned.

AT THE PARTY.

Just like Emy said, a lot of boys tried to talk to Kate. But she ignored every one of them like she didn't even hear them. After enjoying themselves, Emy pulled Kate to where the food was arranged.

"You will eat this, Kate," Emy ordered.

"I don't feel hungry at all. Please I don't want this." Kate pleaded.

That was when he came to them.

                                     ( To be continued)