chapter:10

He did his work with perfection. I didn't remember a single thing the next day. I had a terrible headache from the time I woke up. I also felt pain in my neck. When I checked the mirror, I saw a red color there. I thought something might have bitten me. Because of my terrible headache, I went to Anna's room who was my personal maid.

But when I went to her room, I saw a sight which was the strongest shock of my life. Jake was sucking her blood from her neck. Her dress was drenched in blood. But she didn't make a sound or the slightest motion. She was still. Although I was afraid, I restrained myself from screaming with every potential I had, and I hid behind the wall. After taking what he wants, Jake went out of the room. I went in as soon as he went out.

"Are you OK Anna?" I asked her, seeing her frightened expression.
"Yes. I am fine, Mrs. Livingstone," she replied.

"Let's get medicine for this. I will call the physician."

"No, it's fine Mrs. Livingstone. It will heal soon."

"Are you sure?" I asked her, seeing her calm expression.

She replied positively.

After a short silence, I made up my mind to ask her about what happened just then.

"Anna,  what is Jake? Is he a ghost?" I asked.

"Mr. Livingstone is not a ghost. He is a vampire, a creature which feeds on human blood for survival." She replied.

"He drinks blood?" I was frightened.

"Yes. Did he do that to you too, Mrs. Livingstone?" She asked eyeing the red color on my neck.

"No, he didn't. Actually, I don't know. I feel this terrible pain in my neck and head. I wanted some medicines. That's why I came for you."

"Okay, so you were compelled", she stated.

"Compelled? "

"Yes, he compelled you to forget everything he did to you yesterday. That's why you feel all these pains and you don't remember anything."

"How is he able to do that?"

"Vampires have many abilities. They can run fast, hear from long distance,  jump from great heights, etc. In addition to that,  every vampire has a special ability gifted to them. He is gifted with compulsion."

"How do you know all these?"

"There is a person who knows everything about all these. She taught me everything about vampires."

"I want to meet her. Can you take me to her?" I asked curiously

"Come with me." She replied.

______________________________________
                                    (To be continued)