Chapter:52

Every one from the school were invited for the party. Loud music and DJ filled the house. Scents of various perfumes worn by different people also remained high.

Kate, Emy and Lilly were chatting. Lilly asked Kate about her parents to which Kate lied with the same story she once told  Emy.

Lilly believed what she said and apologised for asking. She quickly changed the subject noticing Kate's sudden change in facial expressions.

James and Seth were talking to their classmates. They really wanted to talk to their girls. But they were helpless. Their classmates never left them.

"Emy, I will be back in a minute. I need to use the washroom real quick." Lilly said.

"Okay, Mom." Emy replied.

They waited so long but Lilly never returned. Emy was worried. So she went to the washroom to check if she was there. But to her disappointment, she wasn't there.

Emy informed the matter to Kate , James and Seth. They looked everywhere inside the home, but couldn't find her.

At last,they decided to check outside. Suddenly James's eyes came in contact with another pair of eyes he never expected.

"Mom!" He gasped.

Emy, Kate and Seth glanced at  Neorah who stood in the woods. They noticed someone lying on the ground too. As soon as Neorah saw them, she vanished into the air using her ability.

Emy ran to the person who was lying in the ground. She prayed to God that it shouldn't be her  Mom. But destiny had planned the opposite.

Lilly was lying down, lifeless. She was staring wide eyed. Her eyes expressed fear.

Emy kneeled down beside her Mom. She patted her cheek and called out,

"Mom??"

Lilly's body didn't respond. She was still staring into the unknown. Emy shook her body hard and called out,

"Mom,you promised to take care of me from now on. Come on,wake up!" Emy reminded her.

But the result was same again. Her lifeless body couldn't answer her daughter even if she wanted to. Blood was oozing out of her neck through the holes Neorah made ,for feeding on her.

"Mom!!!!!!! Don't leave me. Come back. Please!! I need you." Emy screamed.

James suddenly held her. He couldn't see Emy hurt. He hugged her tightly to comfort her.

Kate couldn't stand seeing this too. She burst into tears. Seth held her by her shoulder and she leaned on to him.

Emy didn't cry. She was emotionless. She slowly caressed her Mom's head. Lilly was cold. The blood running through her veins were frozen after some time.

Some time later, Seth and James informed the police about the murder and called the church to book for the burial.

NEXT DAY.

Max reached there as soon as Kate informed her about this.  She tried to console Emy. But Emy never bothered to talk or at least look at anyone who talked to her. She stared at the floor the whole time.

Emy didn't sleep the previous night. She never ate anything or even drank water. Her face was pale. Anyone could understand that she was shattered within. And everyone feared whether she would fall into some  psychological problem.

Lilly's body was brought back by the police after the post - mortem examination. The police conveyed the same reasons that were told in Sera's case.

It was time for the funeral. Emy was dressed in a black gown. She combed her hair neatly and wore on a little makeup. She wanted to look elegant while she said her final goodbye to her dearest Mom.

Everyone attended the funeral. Emy, Leydah, Kate and James said their eulogies. Emy kissed her Mom's forehead the final time.

"Mom, don't worry about me. I am strong. I will be okay. Rest in peace." Emy said.

As soon as the burial was over, Emy collapsed on to the floor,unconscious. James carried her in his arms and took her to the hospital at once.

Two hours later, Emy woke up.

"Emy, how are you feeling now?" James asked her.

"I am fine. But I do feel something heavy in my head." Emy replied.

"Don't worry dear, everything will be alright." James assured her.

"What happened to me?" Emy enquired.

"You fainted at the burial." James explained.

"Oh yeah, I remember. My Mom is gone." Emy remembered.

James sat in silence.

"My Mom is gone, James!" Emy stated.

Her eyes suddenly welled up with tears. They streamed down her face like an overflowing river. She wept miserably. James held her tightly. He wiped her tears,controlling himself from crying. He knew how it was like to lose Mom. He had experienced it twice.

"James, my Mom is gone. I am all alone now. I don't have a family."  Emy cried aloud.

"Emy, I know I will never replace her. But you are not alone
I will be there for you always. And you must know that you do have a family. You are a part of me. So everything I own is yours too. And that includes my family." James consoled her.

Emy leaned on to his shoulder and cried her heart out. James too cried, unable to suppress his emotions.

"James, I don't know if you will stand by my side in this, but I wanna kill her - - I wanna kill that bitch of your mother. I wanna kill Neorah." Emy stated.

"I don't feel any sentiments to her as my mom. Especially after this incident. She is the worst. She deserves to die. We will definitely kill her. You have my word." James promised.

"Really? Will you help me in this?" Emy asked surprised by his answer.

"Of course." He answered.

"But she is your mother." Emy reminded him.

"Yes she is indeed my mother. A mother who left her husband and her son to enjoy her life with a random guy. If she loved me,she would never have done that. So why should I care for her when she never cared for me?" James asked back.

Emy stared at the floor and nodded her head.

"And moreover, nothing in this world is more important than you to me now. Everything comes after you. Even myself. So, I will stand by your side no matter what." James stated and leaned in to kiss her forehead.

____________________________________________________________________

           (To be continued)

Hey guys....
How you all doing? Sorry I had to kill another character to move forward 🙏. But I hope you did enjoy this chapter.

Hit the star if you liked this part and share your thoughts in the comment section.... I will be really happy to know your suggestions....

Bye for now....Meet you at the next update....

With love ❤,
~scorpio