chapter:17

Emy stood there, emotionless. She didn't know what to say or how to say it. She felt sad... empty... or a feeling which she couldn't describe. She understood the truths. She understood that she was wrong about Kate. After a long silence, Emy spoke up.

"I am sorry, Kate."

"It's fine... totally fine. I would have acted the same way if I were you. " Kate replied, tapping Emy's shoulder. Emy pulled her into a tight hug and cried her heart out. She felt sorry for Kate. Kate too burst into tears...

Emy pulled away from the hug and wiped off the tears from Kate's cheeks.

"Don't worry, I will always be there for you no matter what," Emy assured her.

Kaye nodded in agreement. Suddenly, Emy remembered something.

"Kate, what does xerohah mean?", asked Emy.

"What?", Kate asked back, confused.

"I mean the category xerohah. I saw it on your paper." Emy answered.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. I will tell you." Kate paused and continued,

"Each vampire is given a category based on their behavior. There are 5 categories in total. The first one is 'Arelin'. They are usually calm and peaceful. But when angry, they have murderous intent. The second one is 'Crescent'. They are always calm, peaceful, and understanding vampires. They don't prefer to drink human blood. So they mostly feed on small animals like rats, squirrels, etc.

The next one is 'Radiance'. They always feel guilty and sad as they cannot hold back their thirst. They feed terrible when they are out of control. Later they feel guilty over this and end up crying. The fourth type is 'Rushere'. They are known as psychopaths. They don't feel thirsty that often, yet they kill people for their own pleasure. They always want them to be happy. So they will go to any extent to find that happiness. The way they kill is disgusting too. The final type is 'Xerohah'. They are the extremely dangerous ones. They are stubborn and always need to feed on blood due to their uncontrolled thirst. They are really stubborn and are worst killers."

"But why do these vampires get different behavior?" Asked Emy, unable to conclude by herself.

"It's because of the different ways through which they turned. Some have turned due to their own will. These people will either be arelin or crescent. Those who were diseased or chose to become a vampire just for their survival will probably be rushere or radiance. The most aggressive ones, the xerohahs, will have a story like mine." Kate explained.

"So I was sharing my room with a dangerous vampire all this time, huh?" mocked Emy.

"Well, yes. ", Kate grinned.

"What is Max's ability?" asked Emy, curiousness filled in her voice.

"Clairvoyance. She can touch someone and tell them what happens to them in the future," replied Kate.

"Wow, that's super cool," said Emy, enthusiastically.

* * *

The next day, Kate and Emy walked to school together. Sera and Leydah joined them on their way too. They had a botany practical session that day.

As soon as she entered the lab she felt suffocation. There was a strange smell in the lab.

"Emy, do you smell something bad?" asked Kate.

"No, why?" Replied Emy.

"I feel suffocated. Something is strange here," said Kate.

"You wanna go back?"

"No, it's fine. I will manage."

The class started. Everyone settled in their places. Just then the teacher announced,

"Students, I have placed a part of a certain plant in your petridish. You should analyze the family of this plant. It's hard to find out. Still, give it a try."

Kate took the plant in her palm and dropped it, groaning, 'ouch'.

"What happened?" asked Emy, concerned.

"It's vervain," replied Kate.

"Ma'am, it's Verbenaceae," Kate called out.

Everyone stared at her in awe. Even the teacher was surprised by her answer.

"Excellent, Miss Blue. Correct answer. How did you found this out so easily?" asked the teacher, amazed by Kate's sudden answer.

"Ma'am, my grandmother ran an ayurvedic clinic. She knew the herbs very well. I used to assist her when I was young. So I know most of the medicinal plants." Kate replied cautiously.

The teacher believed her and continued her class. After the class, they walked to their locker.

"Phew...That stupid teacher doesn't know that a vampire is her student too. It was torture." said Kate.

"Are you OK now?" asked Emy.

"Yeah, I am fine."

"Since when did your grandmother run an ayurvedic clinic?" asked Emy, sarcastically.

They both laughed out together.

"Looks like you have a nasty friend to deal with," said Kate, looking ahead.

Emy saw Seth walking towards her.

"I gotta go. See you later." Kate said, waving a hand at Emy.

Emy sighed and waited for Seth to reach her.

______________________________________

(To be continued.)

Author's note:

Thanks again for all your support. The Empress Of Darkness has received 700 reads and the votes are nearing 300. I can't believe my eyes. I don't know how to thank you, guys. This really means a lot to me. I don't have enough words to express my gratitude towards each and every one of you. Love you all. Keep supporting me. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. See you soon.

Yours lovingly,

Scorpio.