Not the Seducible Sort

The empty academy halls were dead silent with the exception of Wheeler's excited babbling as boy and demon made their way towards their room, Mister Pumpernickel snoozing soundly beneath Wheeler's hat.

"That was so awesome!" Wheeler exclaimed, practically bouncing as he walked. "You seemed to always know exactly what to say and how to say it. Gosh, I wish I could be as smooth as you!"

"It's actually pretty easy," Mulock replied with a shrug. "You just need to learn how to read people." He shot him a wicked smile. "Once you discover what interests someone romantically or sexually you can easily extort them."

"Oh," Wheeler said slowly. "Well when you word it like that it seems kinda mean."

"That's because it is," Mulock said. "I'm a d--"

"I know, you're a demon," Wheeler interpreted. He deepened his voice, doing his best to imitate Mulock. "And demons do mean things. Get used to it kid."

"Hey, I don't sound like that," Mulock snapped.

"Yes you do!" Wheeler grinned, deepening his voice once more. "I'm Mully, I like to say mean things and threaten handsome, distinguished toads--"

"Alright, I get it," Mulock cut in. "As if I wasn't already mocked enough for one evening."

Wheeler's gaze immediately softened. "Oh, I'm sorry," he stammered. "I was just teasing. Did I upset you?"

Mulock rolled his eyes. "Of course not. I'm messing with you." He let out a little huff, crossing his arms. "Though, I'll admit I was a little annoyed earlier. You seemed to think I was incapable of making someone fall for me."

Wheeler scratched the back of his neck sheepishly. "Well, you sure proved me wrong."

"As I knew I would. Don't underestimate me. Back when I was alive, I could seduce anyone I wanted."

"Anyone?" Wheeler repeated with a laugh.

"That's what I said," the demon snapped. "Why, you find that funny?"

"It just seems like a bit of an exaggeration." Following this statement Wheeler immediately raised his hands in the air, as if to surrender. "Not that I'm doubting your abilities. I think your technique does wonders on girls like Violet. I just don't think it would have the same effect on everyone like you claim."

Mulock's eyes narrowed. "Oh really? Then tell me, Wheeler, who wouldn't it work on?"

"Well, Professor Slengeborn for one." He cringed at the mental image. "Or the headmistress, or even me, I suppose."

The demon scoffed at that. "You seriously think I wouldn't be able to seduce you?"

"Uh...yeah," Wheeler said. "I'm not really the seducible sort."

"Oh that is bull. I definitely could."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Then prove it," Wheeler teased, expecting the demon to back down.

What he was met with however was a sharp, "Fine," before Mulock suddenly moved forward, pinning him in place against the wall.

The demon's gaze raked over him. "You know what's always bugged me about you?"

"I feel like there's a lot of things..." Wheeler said with a laugh.

"True," the demon replied, a smirk tugging at the corner of his lips. "But the thing that truly drives me crazy is how innocent you pretend to be."