Chapter 37

Chapter 37

When we woke up in the morning and got changed, I slipped Niall's gray sweater on over my head and admired myself in the mirror. I hadn't seen him in almost two weeks, and as much as I needed some time to myself, I missed him.

I felt like I truly had a part of him with me, as if his baby in my womb wasn't enough.

I put my hair up and then walked back into the kitchen where Perrie sat watching the TV.

"That's a cute sweater, I've never seen you wear that before! Looks so comfy," Perrie said.

"I stole it from Niall's closet," I said, doing a turn to show off the sweater. "I want to go out today and get photographed in it like in the background of your pictures and then bring the pictures back in August and be like 'I'll bet you didn't know that the girl in the background is wearing Niall's sweater and carrying his baby!'" 

"That is quite the accomplishment," Perrie said with a small laugh. "Are you planning on doing anything with your hair?"

"I was just going to leave it up, unless you have any better ideas," I said. "I'm so bad with hair."

"Ooh!" She said. "Do you think I can play with it?" I nodded eagerly.

"Of course!" I got her my brush and some bobby pins and then sat in a chair in front of her and took it out of the pony tail. She fluffed it with her hands and then began braiding.

I held my phone out to take a picture of her doing my hair.

"If this whole thing wasn't a secret, I would totally post a picture with the caption 'hair creds- Perrie Edwards, shirt creds- Niall Horan.'" I said with a chuckle.

"Don't forget baby creds, Niall Horan," she said, and I started laughing. After a few minutes, Perrie said that she was finished, and let me go look in the mirror.

"It looks awesome!" I said. My long dark hair was pulled into a french braid that rested on my shoulder. I felt it with my fingertips, and it was really beautiful. "Thanks, Perrie." I walked back into the kitchen.

"Let me take a picture!" She said, and I handed her my phone to take a picture of my new hairstyle. "I was thinking we could go get our nails done before I have to leave tonight. I know a place nearby, so we can walk if you feel up to it, and we can get photographed."

"Sounds perfect," I said, looking at my boring nails. I painted them about twice a year. I just never had time to sit and paint them, and I didn't have the extra money to go to a salon and get them done until now.

She finished getting ready, and I put on another shirt under my sweater to keep me warm in the January temperatures. I wore leggings and boots, and grabbed my sunglasses to cover my eyes just in case I was recognized. 

Usually when we went out and she was stopped by a fan, I was the designated photographer. I would take the picture of Perrie and the fan. Today, Perrie stuck to selfies if the fan was alone, and I stood in the back and photobombed.

Perrie couldn't help but laugh at me when I tried to not make it look like I was intentionally photobombing when I really was intentionally photobombing.

If I saw the photo on twitter, I would screenshot it to save it for later.

The nail salon was only a few blocks away, and nobody in it seemed to recognize Perrie, so we went about picking our colors.

"Let's make it a mani-pedi. On me," she said.

"You don't have to do that!" I said, staring at her in amazement.