Chapter 19

Chapter 19

The day finally came where I was moving out of my college apartment and into the city.

Many ideas floated around about where to move. Niall would be in California often when he was in the USA, but that was farther away from Ireland and the UK, where he would be most often. We eventually decided on a good part of New York City. I would get to stay on the East coast and be closer to Katie. 

My mom wanted to stay in Massachusetts while she was working on a project there, but she wasn't too far away from NYC, another reason why California was out of the question and New York made more sense. 

The apartment that we picked up was already mostly furnished. We just needed to design a nursery for the baby. Luckily my mom is an interior designer, so she would be a big help.

After all my belongings were packed up in my car, I had to take one last tour of the house. It was now in fair condition. My mom and I had done a lot of work on it, but there were still some parts that would cost a lot to fix.

I spent a lot of time in my bedroom. I would miss my bedroom the most out of the house. This was where I had sex for the first time with Niall, and conceived our son or daughter. Although the whole incident had caused me so much stress and put me in a position that wasn't exactly ideal, I would always remember it. 

I opened my closet for the last time to check and see if I had left anything, and I found my One Direction poster on the inside of the door. I almost laughed to myself, because it was almost humorous that I had put the poster up so long ago. 

I unpeeled it from the wall and put it in my pocket. It reminded me of innocence.

I did another sweep around the house. When I was sure that there wasn't anything of mine, I walked outside to my car. I sat in the drivers seat and looked at the apartment for a last time. I would be back to visit soon enough.

I drove to pick my mom up, she said she wanted to help me set up again, and then we drove to New York City.

We had nice conversations in the car. She asked me if I had any names in mind, and I said yes, but I wanted to keep them a secret.

As soon as we got to the city, I couldn't believe that I was going to live there. It was so different than what I was used to. I remember living in New York plenty of times when I was younger when my mom had a project, but all of my memories didn't compare to what I was looking at now.

I had to admit, I was a bit afraid. It was big, noisy, and crowded. I couldn't even imagine simply walking to a car with Niall. He'd be mobbed faster than you can say 'baby.'

Even my mom was in awe at the size of everything. 

We parked out in front of the apartment building and I went inside to get keys and sign the final papers.

Everybody I saw looked very rich and glamorous, but then again, wasn't I?

My mom and I started unloading all of my boxes onto a cart, and we rode the elevator up to my apartment. 

"Are you ready to see it?" My mom asked. I held the key in my hand and bit my lip. I took a deep breath and turned my key in the hole, then opened the door.

My breath was taken away from me. The doorway opened into a huge space. To my right was a full furnished kitchen with granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances.

Directly ahead of me was a hug window overlooking Central Park and the city. There was a polished white couch surrounding a black table. The floor was white tile that changed into wood as it changed into the sitting area.